The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Low Key
Has anyone ever had, or been near, a fishy vagina?

I hear people making jokes about them all the time, but I've been in contact with quite a few vaginas and none have smelled of fish. Most have smelled quite nice.

Is this just an urban myth or does the fishy vagina actually exist?

My mate went out with a girl who constantly smelt of fish....

She did work on a fish counter tho......
Reply 2
yeah they usually smell v mildly fishy
after she gets aroused
but it's not strong or bad
and depends on the time in the month
Reply 3
I think if the girl has some sort of infection (bacterial, yeast etc.) then it can become quite pungent, just like most infected things smell pretty bad. Not sure if "fishy" is the right description though, I think that's used more for entertainment value.
Solution if they smell fishy - refuse to do oral :yep:
I bet male fish often exchange gossip amongst raillery that female fish's vaginae smell like humans.
Reply 6
Reply 7
Glutamic Acid
I bet male fish often exchange gossip amongst raillery that female fish's vaginae smell like humans.

Funny.....:hahaha:
Reply 8
Glutamic Acid

Too true!
Reply 9
SMed

Is that supposed to be a fishy vagina?
I've heard thrush can make it smell fishy/musty. But idk. You're not the only one that's asked, i once asked a load of my female friends if theirs was because i was sure mine didn't. They all said no. But probably would have even if they did smell of fish!
Reply 11
luckily ive never been with a girl with a fishy vagina, but ive got some mates whose girlfriends apparently arent "fresh" all the time. had a girl have her period in the middle of one of my classes a couple of years ago.....absolutely stank the whole room out with the worst smelling rotten fish smell ever. disgustiing
elldee
Is that supposed to be a fishy vagina?

I'd imagine that is the face girls make when in their bathroom examining their genitals and a pungent whiff of 2 week old cod hits their noses.
Reply 13
Period time doesn't always smell really bad, it depends on how clean you are, how you wash/what you use etc etc. It's worse if you don't wash a lot, or you're on certain medication.
Reply 14
My male friend stopped going out with his then girlfriend because her flange was so fish-o-rific. I don't blame him.
Once, when absolutely steaming I gave a girl oral - I didn't know her - and even with multiple face washings and a shower once a day, I could smell it for 3 days. I wouldn't call it fishy...more vinegary. Eugh.
Reply 16
My friend asked her maths teacher if she had 'fishy contents' once.
Uuuuugghhh this thread's revolting.
Reply 18
I think the smel/taste is meant to change depending on your diet. Pineapple is meant to be good, but I can't say I've ever tested it :/
Just to clear up the lack of knowledge; ‘fishy vaginas’ do exist. It’s not an urban myth, and it’s not necessarily caused by bad hygiene. Sometimes it is caused by over-washing of the vagina with alkaline soaps. The vagina is naturally acidic to combat the bacteria that can cause pungent smells, which are usually and quite accurately described as ‘fishy’. I’ve worked at a clinic where woman have asked for advice on this and the problem can easily be treated with anti bacterial treatment. So girls, do not go running a bath and scrubbing your vagina with some cheap bar of soap. You need a PH balanced formula.

Latest

Trending

Trending