Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this kind of discussion has already been posted.

Anybody had to cancel their summer holidays because you or your family/friends have gotten swine flu as you go?

I'm off to Spain next saturday and i'm gonna be devistated if we can't go because me, my mum, dad or brother gets it

Mike

ReputationRep:
    The only reason you wouldn't be able to go would be an airline stopping you. Some companies are getting their check-in staff to look you over, and if you look like you may be unwell then they may stop you flying.
    The thing to do is make sure you have travel insurance to cover the cost of this, should that scenario happen. The company will let you delay your flight until you are well again but yiou'll still have lost out on your accomodation.
    Best thing to do is check what the policy is with the company you're going to fly with

ReputationRep:
    yep, my sister's nasal tract has buggered up our holiday
    now we're going to dorset or something
    pfft

ReputationRep:
    i have swine flu =[ it hurts.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Spain on Tuesday so I've been worried all week about any family member getting it. Like you said Mike, I'll be devastated if we can't go. Apparently some airports are using thermal imaging to detect if passengers have a temperature. I don't know whether thats just on international arrivals, or departures too.

Alice

ReputationRep:
    RE: Summer Holidays and swine flu
    ...go together like peanut butter and jelly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliiiceh)
    I'm going to Spain on Tuesday so I've been worried all week about any family member getting it. Like you said Mike, I'll be devastated if we can't go. Apparently some airports are using thermal imaging to detect if passengers have a temperature. I don't know whether thats just on international arrivals, or departures too.

Alice
    You have a good holiday? I got back today bout 3:30 with no illnesses!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Id be attempting to go even if i got i got it again. Tbh it wasnt that bad and i had a worse cold at christmas yet still rolled around newcastle on new years eve for the average healthy person its all worry over nothing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.