Turn on thread page Beta

Does the possible impact of mobile phone use bother you? watch

• View Poll Results: does it worry you. please read a bit about the links first
    yes
    27.27%
    no
    72.73%

ReputationRep:
    I no it's not proven...it is mostly hypothetical and many experts say there is no link....but nobody has ever proved it either way.

But think about it...you're holding a device that is sending waves in all directions about an inch from your brain.....it's pretty easy to see why many people are worried about this. after all it is known that radiatgion in doses can damage dna and cause tumours, if other kinds of waves can cause ill health why not mobiles?

http://www.naturalnews.com/021634.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...to-tumour.html

http://www.psrast.org/mobileng/mobil...g.htm#safetime

I used to talk to my gf for an hour nightly about 4 times a week for a year. we now use landline. from now on i'm gonna restrict it a bit. it may be a load of hyperbole in the links but no one has proved otherwise so i'm gonna play it a bit safe. a good friend of mine lost his mum to a brain tumour and i found out recently she used the mobile about 3 hours a day as part of work. she was very young. coincidence perhaps. but it does scare me slightly.....i'm not a sicenticist obviously but i just fail to see how using a radio device for a long time every day....for the whole of your life in the case of the young genration.... an inch from your brain can be anything but unhealthy! think about what you're doinf ffs

ReputationRep:
    Well if it happens, at least everyone is going down with me

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it does bother me. I no longer have a mobile phone, and the potential unproven-either-way health risks are one reason for that.

ReputationRep:
    So does watching TV, and sitting near a WiFi transmitter, and using a microwave....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bowdeni)
    Well if it happens, at least everyone is going down with me
    haha, true!

ReputationRep:
    not at all. by the time they can prove that there is a causal effect (if there is), there will probably be some kind of medical way to counter act the damage :p:.

anyway for longer phone conversations i always use my headset, because after a while the phone gets quite hot, and i cba holding it up. never because i'm worried about getting radiation cancer or w/e.

ReputationRep:
    welcome to 2003

ReputationRep:
    I didn't read the whole post, but I'm assuming that by impact of mobile phone use you mean receiving a large bill.

Well yes, if I get a £100 bill it does indeed bother me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.