The Student Room Group

Holding hands - locking fingers

What are your views on locking fingers while you're holding hands with someone? Is it just a way of holding hands, or should it really only be done if you like the person - or you're seeing each other/going out.

Is holding hands the normal way seen as just friendly, but perhaps locking fingers / finger strokes / light squeezes generally seen as something more? Do you think that if you're walking and holding hands, but you're holding both of the other persons hand and locking fingers it's more intimate than just friendly?

What are your views?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I always thought that locking hands meant more :dontknow: I might be wrong though.
Reply 2
depends on the person. like hugs... some people are comfortable hugging every one. others just hug bfs/gfs.
its just holding hands! Chill!
I would only lock fingers with my boyfriend
Reply 5
I think you're thinking about it too much.
Reply 6
It took me a long time to lock fingers, it was a huge step in the relationship.
Reply 7
Anonymous
What are your views on locking fingers while you're holding hands with someone? Is it just a way of holding hands, or should it really only be done if you like the person - or you're seeing each other/going out.

Is holding hands the normal way seen as just friendly, but perhaps locking fingers / finger strokes / light squeezes generally seen as something more? Do you think that if you're walking and holding hands, but you're holding both of the other persons hand and locking fingers it's more intimate than just friendly?

What are your views?

Normally its just friendly? :lolwut:
you hold hands with your friends?
Reply 8
Depends on the person. Myself, I hold hands with many of my good friends as well as my girlfriend, so.
I never really thought about it. Then one day me and my mates were messing around and started skipping holding hands... don't ask, think we were at alton towers?? On a high maybe? And I just locked fingers with one of them, not really thinking about it. And she was like do you love me or something or just wana get more intimate? And she unlocked our fingers :frown: I felt like a right dork... never realised!
Do you hold hands with people you're not seeing then? That is very strange.

I find holding hands very soppy, I wouldn't do it myself.
James'
It took me a long time to lock fingers, it was a huge step in the relationship.

This. I started three threads on TSR to actually give me the guts to try it for the first time.
I hold hands however feels comfortable at the time.
Reply 13
lm_wfc
Normally its just friendly?
you hold hands with your friends?

Yes. :indiff:
Anonymous

What are your views?

I hate holding hands in general. For me, its wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am

Well, cut out the thank you bit. In all honesty, its me thats doing the girl the favour - she had the pleasure of being with me.

thread/
I usually link arms if we're mates. Hold hand with locked fingers if we're seeing eachother. Gosh, I feel like I'm back in highschool!
Reply 16
I love finger locking, female hands are so soft :o:

*ahem* I would think finger locking is more for bf/gf myself, it feels that much more intimate
Finger locking is more intimate, imo
Atal
I love finger locking, female hands are so soft :o:

:love:
I had to tell the girl I was breaking my 'locking hands virginity' before I done it the very first time.