Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Holding hands - locking fingers Watch

ReputationRep:
    I lock fingers with my boyfriend when holding hands. If I was just messing around dancing or whatever with friends, I wouldn't lock fingers.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't really mean much. Maybe they just want a tighter grip?

When I first arrived in the US, I found it uncomfortable how they hugged each other more intimately than they do here, but over the year I got used to it. Everyone hugs each other, doesn't mean anything serious really. My American friends always tell me how weird we are when it comes to hugging or interacting with strangers (like customers) lol.

ReputationRep:
    Locking fingers > Not longer fingers

If it's your partner and not your Dad, that is :naughty:

(Original post by Walkin'Butterfly)
    :love:
    Beware, he only likes you for your hands.

ReputationRep:
    I was not aware locking the fingers meant something more....I've never paid attention to how I hold someone's hand. I just do what feels right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What are your views on locking fingers while you're holding hands with someone? Is it just a way of holding hands, or should it really only be done if you like the person - or you're seeing each other/going out.

Is holding hands the normal way seen as just friendly, but perhaps locking fingers / finger strokes / light squeezes generally seen as something more? Do you think that if you're walking and holding hands, but you're holding both of the other persons hand and locking fingers it's more intimate than just friendly?

What are your views?
    Locking fingers and strokes are more intimate. Make sure it's with someone you love, or the person on the other end will DEFINITELY get the wrong message.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.