Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how much spending money in thailand? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to go to Thailand with a few friends in roughly the begining of august for 2 weeks, and we're going to hopefully go to bangkok and a few of the islands such as koh samui and koh phi phi... How much spending money would we need per day to be able to go out every day and go to the good restaurants etc...

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks..

ReputationRep:
    Don't spend too long in Bangkok, a day would do to see the temples and what not. Down South is more expensive than going north to Chang Mai and Pai, but on the islands... I would say give yourselves £20 a day if you want to see lots. Oh and go to Raillay, it's beautiful

ReputationRep:
    Thailand isn't so cheap anymore, especially the 'party islands' which attract huge amounts of tourists. Ko Samui is heavily developed, you'll probably end up spedning at tenner just on accomodation. So i'd say £20 a day, , more if you are going for the whores...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.