Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you remember your first day at secondary school? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can you remember your first day at secondary school?

The one thing I remember is the PE dept grouping us into a hall cross legged in year 7 (first day) with a teacher named Mr L (a renowned strict PE teacher) to tell us , now we were at 'big school' we weren't going to be mollycoddled and have 'rainy day books' but PE is done unless its thunder and lightening....

Charming.

Yes. The stairs seemed really big and imposing.

That is my treasured memory of my first day.

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Those threads are creeping up again in numbers bud

ReputationRep:
    yup and first day at primary school. cant remember much more of either first year though

ReputationRep:
    I can't really remember anything which is bad, it wasn't THAT long ago!
    I remember sitting next to my best pal for the first time in art (obv I didn't know she was going to be my best pal then) and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    My mum couldn't take me so my dad did. All the other girls were being walked in my their mummies and daddys but by dad just left me at the gate. I remember begging myself not to cry as it would make it 100% worse. I got into the hall and a prefect had a clipboard with my form room on and took me up to it. Once I go into my form room, my best friend from primary school was there so I was with her for a while but could't sit next to her as our names were on the desk and we had to sit where we were put.

Then I remember doing form stuff like being given my hymn book and bible etc!!

ReputationRep:
    I vaguely remember going to do Religious Education and the teacher talking to us very loudly and without a care in the world about "where we came from":p: (obviously we knew but I remember the giggles and uncomfortable shuffling coming from the extremely immature pupils)

ReputationRep:
    Sort of... I can remember getting the bus there and then they made us all go into the canteen when we got there and then our reg teacher took us to out classes. It was a really old fashioned school with 2 buildings and a massive corridor linking them. We had like 2 lessons in the morning settling in, then 3rd lesson was D&T which our reg teacher taught and 4th lesson was like Pastoral Care with our reg teacher..

In my 2nd secondary school I remember my first day really well.. my Dad driving me to school and dropping me off in reception and then my head of year getting me and taking me to my class where my best friend was and it was really nerve wracking walking into the classroom with everybody staring at me. Then had Art as my first lesson and had to make a face out of clay, and then discovered that my mum's cousin's wife worked there and got really embarrassed cause all my new friends didnt like her as a teacher lol.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find my way around the school, I got pushed to the back of the dinner queue, I was late for my lessons, I found having a locker really weird. Lots of things really.

ReputationRep:
    I can remember it very well - meeting our buddies, the hour long assembly with the 'scary big new head teacher', trailing around the corridors trying to find classrooms, getting annoyed by the 'invisible wall', at break being terrified around so many people and our first science lesson in a classroom with fish and making a slimy green substance Oh and in german we sang Ich Habe Ein Pony and done Simon Says! I'm sure in H.E we made toast with cheese too :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Some mean boys called me ugly :emo: But since then I've grown into one handsome son-of-a-***** :cool:

ReputationRep:
    On my first day i lost my bag & on the second day somebody in the canteen hit me on the head with a ball of tinfoil covered in beans! Not the best start really haha.

ReputationRep:
    haha oh god how everyone was a noob then <_<
    i remember walking to the bus stop with my mum, having my blazer done up, getting on the school bus and then these older guys telling me and some others to undo it haha!
    i just then remember getting lost and following everyone else around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahboden)
    On my first day i lost my bag & on the second day somebody in the canteen hit me on the head with a ball of tinfoil covered in beans! Not the best start really haha.
    lolllll aw poor you :P

ReputationRep:
    I remember my brand new Homework diary :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Loving the stories...keep em coming!

ReputationRep:
    No,but i do remember bringing my game boy in and getting owned at Pokemon in the picnic area.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, kind of. I kept forgetting everyones names, so when we went to do 'reading time' there was this other girl reading the same book as me called charlotte and i remembered it :proud:

ReputationRep:
    I got lost twice but made a friend along the way which seemed to make getting lost pretty rewarding. The first music lesson was interesting. There was a kid who wasnt paying attention, so the music teacher, being as inventive as he was, grabbed the nearest item (a drum stick) and launched it into the boys forehead. For the rest of the year that kid never messed about in his lesson ever again haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, we had a talk from our new form teacher (our form was in science block) and telling us our timetable, teachers and our way round the school etc, and introduced to our head of year, who looked a lot like Einstein! And we had a couple of lessons later on, all very introductiony. First days are so bitty, the way you sit in registration for half the day and do inductions into everything. I handled transitions sooo badly at that age and cried all the time and wanted to move schools as it was a bit rough, but Im sort of glad I didn't :o:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.