Turn on thread page Beta

Are Labour really doomed to 2010 failure? watch

ReputationRep:
    The Tories would still win the next election if David Cameron was involved in a sex and cocaine scandal with Margaret Thatcher.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Try again in a decade or so....

ReputationRep:
    I think the tories will be in for a couple of terms.....largely due to labour's recent shortcomings

Though if they want to keep the anti-labour voters they'll have to pull some amazing stuff out of the bag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)

Fair enough, you seem objective enough, its just that i find so many idiots who dont know what theyre talking about on this topic- you seem knowledgable enough- im sorry.
    Wow, that's not the usual TSR response. I'd positive rep you if I hadn't already negative rep'd someone telling me I sucked Gordon Brown's **** earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW92)
    Try to keep personal political views out of this, as I know a lot of you are impassioned anti-Labour righties.
    bit of a double standard there, i know alot of people on here have said that they are voting labour becasue "they need the support" and actually hate the way things are being run

(Original post by foxo)
    The Tories would still win the next election if David Cameron was involved in a sex and cocaine scandal with Margaret Thatcher.
    This Unless they find Madeline Mcann in Dave's freezer he will win.

ReputationRep:
    " the election in Norwich where the constituency was particularly embroiled in the expenses scandal."

Just to make the point. The conservative vote went down. The turn out when down by about 20%. The conservatives won by about 20% of the vote. People arn't voting labour, but there not voting anything else. When a general election comes round, people are much more likely to vote. A local election makes little effect on them, but when that 20% of people face cameron at number 10, they'll do one of two things. Jump off a cliff at having the prospect of the inexperienced, upper class idiot in power. Or vote labour and hope to god Alan Johnson is the new leader.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at http://www.labourlist.org/a_crushing...g_significance - comments on a postcard please.

ReputationRep:
    Why haven't Lib Dem done better, though? Shouldn't they do quite well with disillusioned Labour voters?

(Original post by lifeguardsleeping)
    Why haven't Lib Dem done better, though? Shouldn't they do quite well with disillusioned Labour voters?
    That baffles me too. It seems like labour voters are either voting tory or not voting at all - I don't understand why either of those are preferable for a labour voter to the lib dems.

Lib dems did better in the local elections at stealing labour votes than in this by-election though. But the lib dems are going to take a thumping and a half in the south-west so they better steal some labour urban areas or they're doomed to a very very low amount of MP's.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the simple answer is no.

I mean, this is politics. Tomorrow Brown could call an election. He could resign as leader. Cameron could reveal to the country just how much of a vacuous moron he really is. Anything could happen tomorrow, and the election can wait until next year!

Anyone who thinks they know the answer 100% for sure is an idiot, whatever that answer is.

Saying that, it seems pretty likely from this viewpoint.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.