The Student Room Group

Why do you train?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Powerlifter
Becuase I am a competative bastard and I will never view a beauty contest as a sporting event.

I have competed in:

Boxing - Semi finals of the ABA championships
Shut Putt - County Finals
Rugby Union - Played in the 1st Division
and now Powerlifting - best placing 6th in worlds

and becuase of this:

Bill Starr:

Bill Starr
Those pumped-up specimens sincerely believe that they’re admired by the rest of the members and looked upon as supermen by the general public...Since they’re not strong and don’t use their muscles for any reason other than to gratify their own egos they’re no more than physical abominations facades fakes for muscles equal strength, and if a person doesn't have sufficient strength to back up those showy muscles, he’s a joke.
Reply 181
For dancing pecs
To look good and keep fit
Reply 183
Serotonin balancing? Healthy diet and exercise just make you feel a whole lot better most of the time. Looking good comes as a corollary, I think. :smile:
Powerlifter

and now Powerlifting - best placing 6th in worlds

and becuase of this:

What are the worlds? Are you the sixth strongest powerlifter (total-wise) in the world or something?
Transatlanticdrawl_
What are the worlds? Are you the sixth strongest powerlifter (total-wise) in the world or something?

Nah, I came 6th in the world championships run by the GPC, that was my placing in September last year within the 110kg category.
Killing power. For revenge.
Cause after playing in the front row for most of my childhood i realised i was fat as and am now on a mission to lose alot of weight!!
Not really for power/strength. Purely for having a good torso, for my girlfriend to see during sex and also for when on beaches/swimming pools.
Reply 189
Reply 190
RNBen
Like the feeling of being healthy, and for the obvious appearance factor.

This, and also being able to compete in marathons, etc.
Plus, somebody mentioned being able to eat more.. :wink:
Reply 191
I train for climbing, since i want to enter the British Championships next year.
So I don't have to keep sucking in my gut fat when I'm out in public.
Reply 193
Wushu
I train for climbing, since i want to enter the British Championships next year.

Oh, me too. You a climber or a boulderist?
Reply 194
Just seems like a bit of a waste NOT to.

Not that I do all that much, haha.
Reply 195
I enjoy it, I like the results it brings :wink:
Because I'm getting into climbing.
Reply 197
joshm
Because I'm getting into climbing.

Theres a sudden influx of climbers?

Type/grade?
Reply 198
FluxD
That isn't Link, datz his homo couzin; Twink.

Lol :p:
Reply 199
I enjoy seeing my numbers go up.

Quick Reply

Latest