Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    To pump the guns, but more importantly to watch the girls on the running machines.

Bouncy bouncy.
    There is why I don't run

But lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    What's a well swole?
    When you're jacked, innit?

ReputationRep:
    legs bruv

busting out dem squats !!

ReputationRep:
    I go to lose weight and get a bit fitter.

My motivation is I feel more energetic after exercise and feel happier when I'm slimmer

I do mostly cardio - cycling, cross-training, treadmill, rowing.

ReputationRep:
    For the machines.

The vending machines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avalanche)
    Whats your reason and what motivates you to go? Also what do you do there?
    I can get my swole making drugs from there, this also answers the 2nd and thrid part of the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sziphix)
    What are we doing today lads, chest?
    Yeah man, barbell 8 sets of bench, 8 sets of incline bench, 8 sets of decline bench, 8 sets on the pec deck, 1000 pushups, few drop sets, few negatives and then maybe a repeat of all that with dumb-bells, to keep toned and get pecs and a 6 pack lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    For the machines.

The vending machines.
    I love how ironic the vending machines are...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sziphix)
    When you're jacked, innit?
    Eh?

Is this "gym banter" that I'm missing out on? "Jacked" "well swole" :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I can never get too serious about exercise. I do it cause if I don't, I put on weight, so its an annoying necessity. That said, it does make me feel better both mentally and physically and I like those effects afterwards.
    I just wish I was invisible in the gym; its not a good look for me.
    Plus I have to go to my uni gym before 3pm, or it gets full of loser guys who are there to 'buff up' - which means sit on a machine without doing anything for five minutes, and taking pictures using their phones whilst sat there. Strange behaviour.
    Its especially sad, that in a desperate attempt to look cool pulling heavy weights in front of their mates, they end up straining their backs or whatever and just doing more damage than good.

[/rant]

ReputationRep:
    To get fit, for the army and for myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Its especially sad, that in a desperate attempt to look cool pulling heavy weights in front of their mates, they end up straining their backs or whatever and just doing more damage than good.

[/rant]
    Pfft, they wish they were swole, they need some of my swole pills, that way they can be like me and strain and damage the weights with the ferocity of my swole lifting.
    Gravity is just a thoery with me around baby :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Sitting on machines whilst taking pictures = homo, no matter what your lifts

ReputationRep:
    Feel good look good; look good feel good.

ReputationRep:
    Reasons for going: enjoyment, losing weight / getting into better shape.

Motivation: constant physical improvements (so, wanting to improve them further), beating personal bests.

What do I do: bike, treadmill, rowing, weight machines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    I go to lose weight and get a bit fitter.

My motivation is I feel more energetic after exercise and feel happier when I'm slimmer

I do mostly cardio - cycling, cross-training, treadmill, rowing.
    You need some HIIT in your life; if you make sure you don't throw up during/at the end of it, you'll feel great!

(Original post by SillyFencer)
    Eh?

Is this "gym banter" that I'm missing out on? "Jacked" "well swole" :confused:
    Jacked = Swole = Huge Muscles.

(Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    Yeah man, barbell 8 sets of bench, 8 sets of incline bench, 8 sets of decline bench, 8 sets on the pec deck, 1000 pushups, few drop sets, few negatives and then maybe a repeat of all that with dumb-bells, to keep toned and get pecs and a 6 pack lol
    But...did you smash it out on the chest enough?

ReputationRep:
    cos it feels ****** awesome after a workout baby *kisses guns* WOOOOO!

lol

ReputationRep:
    To keep me from getting too lardy, to get that excercise buzz, to de-stress.

I do legs weights, then the cross trainer, then arm weights, then the summit trainer, then ab machines/ look like a **** with the excersise ball.

ReputationRep:
    Reasons: I enjoy exercise, I want to get better at rowing (and improve my fitness to carry over to other sports as and when I want to take them up) and I want to get stronger. If I didn't go to the gym I'd just procrastinate in another way, and I find that exercise helps me focus. I also like the cosmetic improvements it brings.

Motivation: I want to keep upping my lifts and pulling faster splits on the rowing machine. I know that when I get out on the water, the time in the gym is going to pay off.

What I do: Weights (squats, rows, deadlifts, bench press, military press, chin ups), rowing machine, occasionally bike.

ReputationRep:
    to get VIKING POWAH

motivation: try and stop girls lifting more than me at powerlifting competitions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.