Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Funniest/worst parents evening you ever had?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why are you starting so many threads on the same subject?

ReputationRep:
    Last year I got homework and detention on parents' evening. What a rip.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mamooshka] QUOTE]
    LOVE you sig =DD

ReputationRep:
    Im too perfect for that ****.

ReputationRep:
    first year: 'he is a bright child, top of the class, i expect great things from him'
    second year: 'he has dropped behind a bit, but he is still keeping up and exceeds most of the people in his class'
    third year: 'he is a dissapointment, an embarassment, and i am ashamed to have him in my class'.

i never liked latin :P same teacher each year xD

ReputationRep:
    the time my mum started shouting at my biology teacher because he said.. "Elynnor is much brighter than her brother.. but urr.. thats not saying much to be honest with you. he's a complete disappointment, you should be ashamed to have a son who is so disrespectful and arrogant blah blah blah.."

she was shouting at him really loudly and everyone in the hall turned round and stared and the headmaster came over and was like.. "is everything ok?" and my mum just got up and walked out. was embarassing.

ReputationRep:
    My mum nearly fell asleep.

ReputationRep:
    In December, we were with both my physics teachers and one of them laughed at the idea of me doing engineering

ReputationRep:
    The funniest parents evening was when a boy got slapped in front of everyone by his mum, becuase the teacher told her he doesn't do any work in class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamooshka)
    Last year I got homework and detention on parents' evening. What a rip.
    Excellent Sig by the way!

Hmm i remember there being a fight between two mothers over their sons, who were disrupting each other in class. But thats about it!

ReputationRep:
    My grandparents told my art teacher that art isn't serious and just a hobby thing. She mysteriously hated me after that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not really anything funny or bad, but I had to laugh (if only to myself) when my AS physics teacher started waffling to my parents about how well I was doing in class and making an effort to improve, that my work was looking a lot better etc. Thing is, he was an absolute ****, and had never given me any praise for work in class despite how difficult I found it and the amount of work I put in. He was particularly renowned for having very obvious 'favourites' and only giving praise to those who continuously performed brilliantly and evidently just had a knack for the subject.

Ah well, I got a D. So any effort went down the ******* anyway.

ReputationRep:
    As you know, in primary school, all mums talked to each other. Me and this lad used to be best mates, but we drifted apart. So yr11 parents evening, we're both in the same queue. Ours mms waffling on, whilst I'm stood there next to someone I haven't spoken to for 4 years. Kinda arkward.

Also, I always look at the female teachers boobs. I don't listen to what the teacher is saying, I just think to myself 'look in her eyes! In her eyes!!'
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    One year my mum had an argument with my English teacher about whether poetry should always rhyme (she said it should).

Another year, another English teacher, and my mum told her I didn't think she liked me. The teacher then told all my other friends that evening I thought she didn't like me and spent the next two years randomly commenting that she did like me. Which she blatantly didn't because she was always making sarcastic comments/jokes at my expense infront of the class, and her and the librarian always took the **** out of me just for going in the library, basically :sigh:.

In Year 13, every single person complained about history and the teachers, but I was the only one called in the next day to be lectured by both teachers, told that working hard wasn't actually helping my grades and also told that I shouldn't be a social worker :huff:.

I really hated school .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    Not really anything funny or bad, but I had to laugh (if only to myself) when my AS physics teacher started waffling to my parents about how well I was doing in class and making an effort to improve, that my work was looking a lot better etc. Thing is, he was an absolute ****, and had never given me any praise for work in class despite how difficult I found it and the amount of work I put in. He was particularly renowned for having very obvious 'favourites' and only giving praise to those who continuously performed brilliantly and evidently just had a knack for the subject.

Ah well, I got a D. So any effort went down the ******* anyway.
    Oh God, I swear, that makes me SO angry. I had a French teacher like that - except his favourites were completely non-merit based. <_<

ReputationRep:
    My parents sat and listened to my maths teacher talk for 10 minutes about the syllabus and when we walked away my mum leaned over to me and said "...What subject was that?".
    We saw 3 teachers that night and when we got in the car my parents took the piss out of all of them.
    "Your business teacher looked gay, your physics teacher looked like Homer Simpson and your maths teacher looked like Alan Carr!" - They expanded on all of their comments and I can never look at any of them the same again.

But the funniest parents evening wasn't even mine. We were doing young enterprise and could set up our stand at the year 7 parents evening. Myself and the MD of the company went to every single teacher in an attempt to sell, we managed to con sell to about 5 or 6 teachers and some of the conversations we had with them were.... interesting.

ReputationRep:
    My worst parents evening has to be when I had just got out of my swimming lessons, rushed to the school in dripping wet hair, extremely pale skin and a black jumper. I looked like the blair witch. And I hadn't had a brush on me so people kept looking at me as if I was a goth! haha! The teachers thought I was dying or something. Now normally, you go to a teacher and she asked how you are, well my science teacher said "you're not going to pass out are you?" and I laughed, everyone looked.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was a recent one, my last one in year 11. My english teacher is a complete cow who has taught me nothing for 3 years and then goes to my mum "I so hope I get her next year for english, I'll be really disappointed if I don't get to teach her at A level and one of the other teachers gets her instead". My mum was desperately trying not to laugh and I was thinking "please, no! Anyone but you!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Wigan)
    As you know, in primary school, all mums talked to each other. Me and this lad used to be best mates, but we drifted apart. So yr11 parents evening, we're both in the same queue. Ours mms waffling on, whilst I'm stood there next to someone I haven't spoken to for 4 years. Kinda arkward.

Also, I always look at the female teachers boobs. I don't listen to what the teacher is saying, I just think to myself 'look in her eyes! In her eyes!!'
    Same!
    When you tell yourself not to, you just wanna look more.
    Especially the low-cut top teachers. :mmm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.