Turn on thread page Beta

Doing driving test without instructor training? watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I will just explain my situation,

Basically, I have just finished University and need to start driving a.s.a.p. to help secure a job.
    I am on my girlfriends insurance as a named driver and have been practicing getting up to test standard.

Before starting uni I had around 15/20 hours driving lessons with an ADI instructors about 4 years ago and was doing my mock tests by the end of these.

So, do you think I would be ok to just practise as much as I can between now and my test (Sept 2nd) or would I really need an instructor?

I have been driving for the last few days on roads; bypass; roundabouts etc and have been fine driving but just need to relearn the maneuvers (plenty of websites and videos to look at though).

Thank you for any help,

shaunlawler :yes: :yes: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaunlawler)
    have been practicing getting up to test standard.
    How do you know what test standard is without an instructor's advice? The test has changed in 4 years.

It sounds like you're quite experienced, but if you have any habits you're unaware of, you need a couple of lessons with an instructor before test so these can be brought to your attention.

ReputationRep:
    As above. It would be worth having at least one lesson as a practice test, and see where it goes from there.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing is I do not want to get used to an instructors car if I am doing the test in my own. I might sound a little cocky but I have been out with people and they cannot find fault in how my driving is (although I do realise they are not qualified instructors)

I realise I still have a lot of practice to do; especially on the maneuvers but with over a month I think that would hopefully be enough time.

shaunlawler:redface:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.