Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend is a prude... watch

So I've been with my girlfriend for a couple of months now. We're both 18, virgins, although we've both had a few relationships in the past. Thing is, she's really reluctant to do anything sexual. I turn her on loads using my hands and get her aroused, but when it comes to moving down to her v-jay, she always moves my hands away. She hasn't even let me take her jeans down yet, or made a move to try to pleasure me - she's quite happy just to make out and fondle each other (everywhere but between the legs).

I really, really like her. She's shy and doesn't have a great amount of confidence which I really don't understand - she's a good looking girl, and has a lovely body too - but seems to have issues with her self-esteem. Whenever I ask her what the problem is she shrugs and says she doesn't know... I don't know what else I can do. I've been trying to improve her confidence by complimenting her and stuff but so far no luck.

It's been a massive knock to my confidence, and I'm really out of ideas. Any advice of what I can say/do to bring her round to the idea of trying new stuff?

ReputationRep:
    ask her?

ReputationRep:
    If you want the sexy time stuff in a relationship- she isn't giving it to you and doesn't plan to...

You should end it there..

Work out if this is what you want?

ReputationRep:
    She's clearly not ready to do much more intimate stuff so give her time..

ReputationRep:
    text her about it. maybe she's so shy she cant tell you to your face?

ReputationRep:
    Chances are "I don't know" is a barefaced lie.

Chances are she just doesn't want to tell you why.

Either deal with that problem or get out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami2412)
    text her about it. maybe she's so shy she cant tell you to your face?
    haha that's kind of funny. Oh how impersonal the world is becoming.

ReputationRep:
    Tickle her gently under the left boob

Talk some more.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her it's just not going to work without sex and if she still doesn't want to, dump her.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she has vag issues. Its sort of how some guys are nervous about down there, girls can be too. Just tell her how turned on you are etc and how much you like her body, then take it one step at a time, like touching over underwear, etc... You could ask her if she wants to do something to you, rather than wait to see if she does.

ReputationRep:
    Use force.

ReputationRep:
    she is lucky to have someone to wait for her and not beeing that poushing If she doesn't feel like losing her virginity i assume..
    i think you should wait more,u said its been a couple of months only so you could wait more.she haven't had sex yet so its not your fault or anything.
    when she is ready she will let u know for sure.

ReputationRep:
    "If you don't put out regularly, expect to get raped" - this makes things much clearer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    Chances are "I don't know" is a barefaced lie.

Chances are she just doesn't want to tell you why.

Either deal with that problem or get out.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    She's not ready. :no: Talk some more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    haha that's kind of funny. Oh how impersonal the world is becoming.
    its true tho, when i was with my ex, when i was a few years younger i could text him about things i felt uncomfortable talking to him about.

EDIT: either that OP, or she just isnt ready for that

ReputationRep:
    She has a peenus :awesome:

Nah, she's probably just shy. OR had some really bad experiences like rape.

ReputationRep:
    once you get her to talk about it and how she feels then she'll be able to move past it. Say something along the lines of 'I don't want us to do anything you don't feel comfortable with but if you feel weird about stuff I'd really like to help you get past it and understand what's making you uncomfortable'.

ReputationRep:
    "v-jay"? :indiff:

Erm. To the point. We don't know what is running through her head. She obviously, like you have mentioned has some self esteem issues.
    She seems, from what you have said to be shy.
    Talk to her, properly. Get her to open up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.