Girlfriend is a prude... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Rolyphynol.

ReputationRep:
    Rush her.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her, ffs.

The trouble is we're both off to uni in October - she's down in London, I'm up in Newcastle, so if we carry it on it'll be an LDR. We've spoken about it and want to stay together, but if she carries on putting out like that then I'm not sure I'll be able to hack it.

I mean, she's an absolutely fantastic girl - I really want to be with her - but to carry on being sex-deprived would drive me crazy. I'm already getting so frustrated with it.

I've tried to speak to her about it and she says she doesn't want to 'rush things'. I don't think the problem is that she's not attracted to me, but it makes me feel pretty inadequate nonetheless...

I guess I just need to try chatting to her about it again.

ReputationRep:
    Pat her on her fanny

ReputationRep:
    shes just frigid

ReputationRep:
    'does this towel smell like chloroform?'

'nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    You have said that you've only been together a couple of months and you're both virgins...a couple of months isn't a long time! Talk to her about her self esteem issues, there's usually a reason for them. Don't try and pressure her into sex, give her time to feel comfortable - chances are she'll gradually let things go further.

ReputationRep:
    seriously I don't think after 2 months of relationship she will feel comfortable losing her virginity no matter how much u chat.
    you could try the beiing distant for a while as you won't be seiing each other and then suddenly meet.If she likes you no matter how shy she is, she would want more than she did before as she will miss you, heh
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSimpson)
    Tell her it's just not going to work without sex and if she still doesn't want to, dump her.
    I was waiting to see how long it would take for some guy to come up with the classic misogynistic answer to this, and here it is...

TO OP: I think its pretty much been said, I know you have spoken to her but just try again I guess? Girls are so much more body conscious these days and if shes had some kind of issue in the past with exposing her body or someone touching her than she might be scared to lose you if she tells you. I'm not saying to expect the worst but be prepared for somthing quite personal to her if she does fess up about whats wrong. she'll come to you when shes right and if your patient and helpful than you'll get somewhere. DEFINATLY don't follow the half-wit advise of the person I quoted....

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she just isn't an easy slut? Not all girls are..

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her about it. It could just be that she's nervous or wants to go slow but there could be some serious underlying issues that mean she's afraid of being touched 'down there'.
    Talk openly about sex and don't pressure her, you may push her away if you push it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The trouble is we're both off to uni in October - she's down in London, I'm up in Newcastle, so if we carry it on it'll be an LDR. We've spoken about it and want to stay together, but if she carries on putting out like that then I'm not sure I'll be able to hack it.

I mean, she's an absolutely fantastic girl - I really want to be with her - but to carry on being sex-deprived would drive me crazy. I'm already getting so frustrated with it.

I've tried to speak to her about it and she says she doesn't want to 'rush things'. I don't think the problem is that she's not attracted to me, but it makes me feel pretty inadequate nonetheless...

I guess I just need to try chatting to her about it again.
    Er to be fair you've only been going out for a couple of months, it's not exactly ages especially if she hasn't done stuff with guys before. If she says she doesn't want to rush things that's perfectly valid, and might just be the truth, maybe you just need to be patient. If you keep asking her about it that's pressuring her, and it's not fair.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure she knows you're not going to use her if she does sleep with you and tell her that you don't mean to pressure her but you're finding it really hard and that you're scared you'll miss her when you go to college and will regret not sleeping with her before going. To be fair with her though you haven't been together for that long and some girls need time to be able to trust their bf enough to sleep with him. She'll want the first time to be special so maybe she's waiting for a special moment so do something romantic for her. Also tell her that she's the only one you could imagine losing your virginity with and that you're nervous but are happy that she's a virgin too because you're both in the same boat. This might make her feel less vulnerable or nervous because she would feel that you are just like her that would be reassuring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    her v-jay
    You use phrases like that and are calling HER a prude?

ReputationRep:
    My ex was like this, trust me, the only thing that can solve this problem is time. The fact my ex was so shy when it came to that sort of thing was one of the reasons it didn't work out. If you don't have the patience then ditch her. If you do have the patience then you just got to wait till you've been going out ages and gradually she'll trust you more and let you do more with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    Tickle her gently under the left boob
    Your left or hers?

ReputationRep:
    Could be one of three things.
    1) she doesn't really like you that much *(unlikely though)
    2) she isn't ready, and there's no point forcing her...find someone else!
    or :
    3) she would like to really but she is shy or nervous. In whcih case you need to make her as comfy as possible and reassure her it would be OK and you can learn that stuff together.

ReputationRep:
    You've only been going out for a couple of months, give her a chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    Tickle her gently under the left boob
    lawl the sweet spot

its a secret

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.