Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hey guys, just a little rant / hoping for advice of any kind

okay so i posted a thread quite a while back about a guy i had got to know by texting / talking online mostly but we did know each other before (we didn't meet online) and we got together. it was all good and we met up and it went well (though i wasn't as forward as he had hoped, plus i was very nervous so also came across as quiet which i think put him off). after we had met up he stopped texting as much and eventually told me he had someone else.

it was then awkwad the next few times we came across each other and we didn't talk much etc... which i hated as i still like him and wanted to at least be mates.

we both went on a course this week, and when we got there on the sunday we both ended up sitting in the same group of people in the bar. for the first time in months we got on well and i thought great maybe we can become good mates again! then when i got back to my room he text me saying how i seemed more confident and how "it was a good thing " so i just replied thanks...

the next night we went for a drink and got on okay again and were texting after and he commented how he would stop me if i came on to him... (he knows i still like him so knew what that would make me think etc)

then the next day he completely ignored me... i was so confused, it had gone from awkward to friendly to who knows what! so the day after i text him asking what was going on... where did i stand? he replied how he doesn't want anything serious but is up for something physical when drunk for a bit of fun... (bear in mind the first time our relationship wasn't "physical")

i don't no what to do now. i like him a lot even though he has been an idiot to me more than once... and am scared if i go along with what he wants it will mean more to me than it does to him... ?

he gave me a lift home today, we got on okay we didn't discuss it at all though... and i won't see him for a while now unless we arrange to meet up... so what do i do? text / message him or just leave it?

argh i'm so confused, i was finally getting over him and happy we could be mates still and now this!!!!!!!

sorry it's a long one, i appreciate any responses

ReputationRep:
    its harsh to hear but he only wants one thing from you. you wern't "forward" enough so he cut his losses and moved on, probably to someone he knew for sure would give him what he wants. Now he thinks he can get you into bed, after which, who knows how he will act with you? this could be a very hurtful situation to put yourself into.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be used for sex then meet up with him. If not delete his number and forget about him. Honestly, I'd be choosing the latter. He obviously doesnt have any feelings for you, so you need to accept that

i know you're both right.... just can't get it out of my head (sounds lousy i know)
    thing is, i can't cut all contact with him as i will have to see him around now and again... if i could i would...
    guess i'm gonna have to say no then

ReputationRep:
    walk away and ignore him. properly.
    no desperation or hopes that he will fall in love with you.
    he wont.

ReputationRep:
    He's using you. Just delete his number and try and move on. Good luck!

thanks guys
    think i knew i had to move on anyway... just needed to be told so...
    i don't want to but i will...
    cheers and thanks for replying

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.