Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, MSN have pretty dismal little test thing on their website to determine if you are a music snob.

They spoke to a 'music snob' and asked for 12 ways they can tell someone isn't a 'real' music fan. If you agree with more than half the reasons below, you can consider yourself a music snob too. :yes:

1. You actually use the headphones that came with your iPod.

2. When asked the best gig you went to recently, you reply 'Glastonbury'.

3. You've bought an 'authentic-looking' band t-shirt from Topman.

4. You think Guns N Roses are a really 'heavy' band.

5. You think gigs that aren't in arenas are 'intimate'.

6. On your Facebook profile you describe your music taste as 'I like a bit of everything really!!!'

7. You think support bands exist purely to give you time to go to the bar.

8. You think Jo Whiley knows what she's talking about.

9. You can't remember the last time you bought a CD.

10. But you can remember that AMAZING Leona Lewis song you downloaded the other day.

11. You buy an album because you liked the single, and then skip through all the other tracks just to listen to it.

12. You think people who talk about bands you haven't heard of are pretentious.

nb. before people get their panties in a bunch this isnt supposed to be taken seriously. tsr is serious business ive discovered

ReputationRep:
    1. You actually use the headphones that came with your iPod

God no. That's not snobbery, just wanting decent quality. But I don't have an iPod anyway (Creative Zen Vision M). I prefer vinyl :p:

2. When asked the best gig you went to recently, you reply 'Glastonbury'.

Nope.

3. You've bought an 'authentic-looking' band t-shirt from Topman.

God no

4. You think Guns N Roses are a really 'heavy' band.

Nope.

5. You think gigs that aren't in arenas are 'intimate'.

Yup (does depend on the band and arena though) some really can pull it off.

6. On your Facebook profile you describe your music taste as 'I like a bit of everything really!!!'

Folk, Jazz/jazz fusion, prog rock, country, blues, rockabilly, post-punk....never said "I like a bit ov everyfin realllllllllly" though

7. You think support bands exist purely to give you time to go to the bar.

Nope

8. You think Jo Whiley knows what she's talking about.

lol. Nope.

9. You can't remember the last time you bought a CD.

I certainly can (last Monday)

10. But you can remember that AMAZING Leona Lewis song you downloaded the other day.

lol, get lost.

11. You buy an album because you liked the single, and then skip through all the other tracks just to listen to it.

Nope.

12. You think people who talk about bands you haven't heard of are pretentious.

I think many people are pretentious (including myself) but not just because they talk about obscure bands.

I did this a while back. I am a music snob :emo: But not much of a social snob so that's OK :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.