Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    If the cat is both dead and alive at the same time, does that mean Schrödinger's cat is a zombie?

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

ReputationRep:
    Na, zombies are the undead.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's either dead or alive, and not a mixture of the two, according to David Bohm's ontological interpretation of quantum mechanics, which is the theory that I agree with.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Xenopus)
    No, it's either dead or alive, and not a mixture of the two, according to David Bohm's ontological interpretation of quantum mechanics, which is the theory that I agree with.
    I know, but I found it funny.

For arguments sake, I could argue that a zombie is alive. It has died in the past, but, depending on your definition of life, surely it has more life than many animals (certain bacterium, etc.)

ReputationRep:
    The problem is, once we open the box the wave collapses so it's either dead or alive, so no longer a zombie.
    So you could have a zombie cat army, just you could never see it.

ReputationRep:
    No-one can understand it and my point is that if the cat is both alive and dead, does your opening the door kill the cat?

ReputationRep:
    maybe its not even a zombie cat at all just empty space with an 'alleged' cat that only appears once viewed......who knows!?!

:iiam:

ReputationRep:
    i like the idea of zobie cat army, but ya you practically kill the cat by openin the box if it its already dead, and i guess revive it if it is not (im on to someting here). still, the idea is stupid who would want to open a box which has poision inside it that could go off at any minute.

ReputationRep:
    If "not alive but not dead" is undead, then what is "unalive"... dead?

If so, the schrodinger's cat is both undead and unalive at the same time- it's a zombie and dead.
    Therefore all cats are zombies. QED

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.