Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

friends bk home don't want to go out at all - totally lost :-( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Kind of got a problem at the mo!

Since I finished uni and arrived back home none of my friends around where I live want to go out, so basically means that i'm sitting around at home doing nothing and getting really bored whilst my brother is having a really good social life (and he doesn't want me out with him!)

So basically what on earth can I do...surely going out on my own would look strange and like i'm a loner so that is deffo not an option!

Ideas and advice greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't you meet up with your uni friends?

ReputationRep:
    Aw that kinda sucks. What do your friends like doing? Fair enough if they don't want to party party party every night, but they don't even fancy the occasional drink down the local pub?

Do they prefer staying in, watching movies etc? Organise some fun evenings in together?

Alternatively, try and meet some new people and hope that they are of the partying loving variety! Or, persuade your brother to take you out with his mates? Then befriend them all :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I wouldn't say i'm a massive party person, but do like the occasional night out!
    Tonight for instance I asked people if they wanted to go for a few drinks down a local pub, but people now just seem rude and don't even bother to text me back to say they can't make it.

Its so frustrating because it means I end up staying in the house with my parents as lovely as they are!

I would like to meet up with uni friends, but we all live long distances from each other, therefore we have agreed to meet up every two/three months for a night out!

ReputationRep:
    know exactly how you feel. i've pretty much given up with a lot of my 'friends' from school, it seems my effort is wasted. so i've entered myself for a 10km charity run and run most days to train for it (i'm no natural runner, believe me!) which is nice cause it a) eats my time up a bit and b) gets me out of the house maybe try something along those lines? like, something that you can work towards over the summer?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.