Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im hoping to get a job pretty much straight away when I get to Leeds in Sept, but was wondering how the ole job market is going there. Its terrible in Grimsby atm (been unemployed for monthsss)

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Very easy, as everyone else is on the dole.

ReputationRep:
    It took me ages to find my job, truth be told.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melhunt)
    Im hoping to get a job pretty much straight away when I get to Leeds in Sept, but was wondering how the ole job market is going there. Its terrible in Grimsby atm (been unemployed for monthsss)

Thanks x
    hey, tbh its quite hard atm to get a job from what ive heard. You could maybe go down a bit before you're due to move and give out cv's before all freshers are there, see if you get anything pretty quick from that. If your not bothered about what job you do, you could be lucky and find something pretty quickly. Or try home bargains, i work for them and they're always taking new staff on!

hope ive helped a bit

ReputationRep:
    I think, Sainsburys might be looking in around august. Come join us, we're nice, honest. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys, I may well go 2 weeks before I move there and hand out some CVs Good idea Lauren! haha.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys, I may well go 2 weeks before I move there and hand out some CVs Good idea Lauren! haha.
    haha yeah! if you dont mind travelling either then take a trip to the white rose and hand out some there! Tesco in seacroft are always looking for staff from what ive heard and try some shops in crossgates too, just gives you a better chance of finding something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I think, Sainsburys might be looking in around august. Come join us, we're nice, honest.
    I like this, I like. I'm checking Sainsbury's every week to see if I can get my foot in :p:

ReputationRep:
    There are two ASDAs... Pudsey and Adel. I work in Pudsey during term-time and move my job back to my home store during the holidays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkroberts)
    There are two ASDAs... Pudsey and Adel. I work in Pudsey during term-time and move my job back to my home store during the holidays
    oooh theres one in killingbeck too, jst opposite the suttons estate. cud try ther aswell =]

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm doing! Pretty handy living near by really.. well. 55 minutes on the train.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I think, Sainsburys might be looking in around august. Come join us, we're nice, honest. :ninja:
    Hmmm I would try & come have a looksie but seeing as I live in Norfolk (which is like nearly 4 hours away lol) I dont think I will be able to do u think they will still be taking people in sept if they have good experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxLilStarfirexx)
    Hmmm I would try & come have a looksie but seeing as I live in Norfolk (which is like nearly 4 hours away lol) I dont think I will be able to do u think they will still be taking people in sept if they have good experience?
    Have a look on the website. The jobs are advertised on there but I couldn't say if we're recruiting the n. I kinda hope they are looking I like it when new people start.

ReputationRep:
    Ok cheers workin at mcdonalds atm (yeah i know its gay lol) but I was really hoping to find another job as soon as me & my bf moved up there, & sainburys is where iv wanted to work for ages lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm also gonna be looking for work when I move uo there on the 16th, I'll be a first year.

Woo for McDonalds Starfire!

ReputationRep:
    Cheers lol :P its ok i spose but would really rather work somewhere else & sainburys sounds good to me what kinda job are u gonna look for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.