Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I didn't mention shoes in my application to Schuh. watch

Is this bad? :o: I talked about my maturity (lol) and attitude as a team-player in my application form, but once I'd sent it off, I realised I hadn't mentioned liking shoes anywhere on my application. Should this be a problem?!

ReputationRep:
    Might have been a good idea to say you were knowledgeable or had an interest, but it's not that big a deal. I never mentioned gas or electric when I applied for my job and I still got it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think it'll make a difference, they might even see it as a plus because they think you're not some kind of crazy shoe girl who just wants to get the job because of the discount on their shoes :awesome:

(Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Don't think it'll make a difference, they might even see it as a plus because they think you're not some kind of crazy shoe girl who just wants to get the job because of the discount on their shoes :awesome:
    Or who's a shoe-sniffer. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I didn't mention shoes when I applied to Clarks, or food when I applied to Sainsbury's.
    It's who you are as a person and as a worker that they're interested in - if you don't like shoes but you're good at your job, I doubt they'd mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Or who's a shoe-sniffer. :ninja:
    LOL! :woo:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.