Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my PT told me I have no confidence to pass even though he's an ex raf pt and I have months so im the opposite!

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

I'd advise everyone who's joining to work towards much higher scores than the PRTC ones. 8.6, 4 press ups and 7 sit-ups is a low fitness level in comparison to the full RAFFT.

Current fitness levels required to pass the RAFFT are (for a 16-29 male) 9.10 on the bleep test, 20 press-ups and 35 sit-ups. Press-ups and sit-ups to be completed in 1 minute.

You get 3 opportunities to pass the RAFFT whilst on RTS and those unable to pass after the third attempt will be reflighted.

Hope this motivates you all to work hard!

ReputationRep:
    So if I do 4 press ups, 7 situps and get to 8.6 on the beep test at PRTC. The PTI will tell me to stop and I will be one step closer to joining the RAF. Woooo

But, on which day of the PRTC do you have to pass the RAFFT by, and what are the disadvantages of being reflighted? apart from loosing your buddies and spending longer at RTC?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    wly - if you go with that attitude you'll never pass and get booted. As simple as that. Try reading a bit harder - if you fail the fitness test on PRTC you won't go forward to RTC. You do know that Halton staff read this forum don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProStacker)
    if you fail the fitness test on PRTC you won't go forward to RTC.

You do know that Halton staff read this forum don't you?
    I know

I am aiming for the RAFFT anyway, but it would help a lot if I knew what day I need to pass it by, if its day one, I'll need to arrive being able to pass it, if it's day 54, then I still need to try hard, but its a different set of circumstances.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum, I want just would like to know good information from them, plus some of their own experiences not only to broaden my understanding and shed some more light on the ins and outs, but to be archived here for ever more for others.

Anyway, I'm off to do some sit ups. Believe me, I would be sick to get booted.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If you don't arrive having prepared your very best, then prepare to be at the back and finding the course far harder than most. It won't help you to know when you have to pass by - YOU need to prepare the best you can. Aim to be fit enough to pass on day ONE. Is there really any point in messing about and NOT planning to be your best? No.

Archived here for ever more? You're not writing the ten commandments here fella - and things change. Just run, do press ups and sit ups and get yourself as fit as you can.

ReputationRep:
    so does anyone have prtc on 6th May and rtc 26th June?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wly)
    I know

I am aiming for the RAFFT anyway, but it would help a lot if I knew what day I need to pass it by, if its day one, I'll need to arrive being able to pass it, if it's day 54, then I still need to try hard, but its a different set of circumstances.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum, I want just would like to know good information from them, plus some of their own experiences not only to broaden my understanding and shed some more light on the ins and outs, but to be archived here for ever more for others.

Anyway, I'm off to do some sit ups. Believe me, I would be sick to get booted.
    WLY, you should listen to others that post on here, as stated eariler RTS Staff do read these forums and comment on them, and we get an idea of peoples attitudes prior to joining up, if they get that far! You will be given all the information about RTS when you attend your PRTC Course, and if you have any questions regarding what happens when, then you can ask then. I have just turned 4 more personnel off their recruiting process for not achieving the required standards in their PRTC Fitness Assessment (booted as you call it). Just prepare, get fit and put in maximum effort every season, reading between the lines you give me the impression that you are the type to do the bare minimum all the time and scrape through by the skin of your teeth. One of the RAF Core Values is Excellence, which means striving for Excellence in EVERYTHING you do. Remember if you 'Fail to Prepare, then you Prepare to Fail' maybe, I will see you on PRTC young man.

ReputationRep:
    Inch, will spots open on those trades where people are turned away due to failing the fitness aspect?

ReputationRep:
    Wheyy, just put in my application for WSOp (Elec WF). Can't wait to hear back and get the ball rolling

ReputationRep:
    Dan, you may wish to remove your real name and photograph from your public profile - it's good practice to be a wee bit careful with your personal details, particularly if you want to join the Armed Forces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inch High DI)
    we get an idea of peoples attitudes prior to joining up
    reading between the lines you give me the impression that you are the type to do the bare minimum all the time and scrape through by the skin of your teeth.
    I can understand where you get that impression from, Sgt. However I should correct you and say that I am the sort of person who likes to arrive somewhere, such as PRTC knowing for dam sure I will get through, if in my mind there is any doubt that I may fail, I will do something about it, and keep doing something about it until I am satisfied (and then do a bit more to make sure). This is the reason why I'm asking these questions too early (as I now know), I just feel happier knowing what I'm up against.

I was like this before the PJFT, however there is more info floating around about that and it was before I was a member of TSR. Oh well, positive from here on, see you in a few months.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished Basic training at halton..
    It was like going to hell and back again

ReputationRep:
    What are you doing now? Gone to Cosford yet?

I can't wait to go to RTC. I just don't want to burgger up my PJFT and Final interview

ReputationRep:
    Hello , iv recived a letter saying my dates been moved too the 21st of july , is any one else going in on that date ? also whats too be expected on the 2day fitness test running wise , im fine with push ups and sit ups, just the running is a bit of an issue at the moment ! thanks
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Stefan

Firstly - welcome
    Secondly - don't type as if you are using a phone and texting. Type so we can read what you are saying. It helps.
    Thirdly - have a search of the forum. Inch High DI has posted about the Pre RTC Course and the new hard line on fitness testing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProStacker)
    Stefan

Firstly - welcome
    Secondly - don't type as if you are using a phone and texting. Type so we can read what you are saying. It helps.
    Thirdly - have a search of the forum. Inch High DI has posted about the Pre RTC Course and the new hard line on fitness testing.
    Thank you for the help, sorry I was in a rush on the last post I made.

ReputationRep:
    So my PRTC has been brought forward to the 22nd April now! Woohoo! Anyone else got this date?

ReputationRep:
    I got moved forward from April 22nd to April 8th for PRTC

ReputationRep:
    I hear grumblings of PRTC having been changed since when I went through?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.