Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottScott)
    I hear grumblings of PRTC having been changed since when I went through?
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

What grumblings?

ReputationRep:
    About it being a pass/fail type affair?

ReputationRep:
    just gonna throw this out there again - ANYONE GOT THEIR PRTC ON THURSDAY 22ND APRIL?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _iMack_)
    just gonna throw this out there again - ANYONE GOT THEIR PRTC ON THURSDAY 22ND APRIL?!
    I know someone who has mate ... and they are from scotland aswell!

I just got back from PRTC yesterday and it was immense!! Got RTS on 9th June!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAFia)
    I know someone who has mate ... and they are from scotland aswell!

I just got back from PRTC yesterday and it was immense!! Got RTS on 9th June!!
    Hey I had a look and got a few names up, wanna send me a link?

ReputationRep:
    Actually RAFia AI think I got him! Cheers!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Don't post names up here - thats just stupid. Now the whole internet knows the name of someone joining the Armed Forces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProStacker)
    Don't post names up here - thats just stupid. Now the whole internet knows the name of someone joining the Armed Forces.
    I normally agree with you, however, your just being plain ridiculous now!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he is, and if I wasn't so tired I would expalin it to you. But I'll brielfy put it this way. I would not like someone else to divulge my personal details on the internet. It should be my choice and no one elses.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by RAFia)
    I normally agree with you, however, your just being plain ridiculous now!
    Don't get stroppy with me sunshine - I don't care what you think now, but you'll see things differently when you do your course at Chicksands.

If you want to post your personal details up on the internet, fine. Don't do it for someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProStacker)
    Don't get stroppy with me sunshine - I don't care what you think now, but you'll see things differently when you do your course at Chicksands.

If you want to post your personal details up on the internet, fine. Don't do it for someone else.
    I do understand what your saying.

However, I was just trying to help out.

This guy hasn't even been on PRTC yet so it aint exactly a security risk. And i wouldn't mind if someone linked me to help me out.

Everybody chill

ReputationRep:
    Just because you don't mind doesn't mean everyone else does. Have you even asked your friend if you can use his name? I've managed to look at his facebook profile, so I know what he looks like. I've looked through his friends list and I bet if I did some more poking I could look through his friends list to find out more information about him, such as location etc. This from a mere amature. So you have now publically displayed large amounts of information about someone without seeking their consent. It's not even a case of being a security risk, it's about personal choice and you have taken that away from your friend.

ReputationRep:
    EDIT - I did write an argumentative reply but you know what I can't be bothered to argue with someone over the internet fir trying to help someone out. Anyway it doesn't matter because if I think I can help someone out in the future on here i will just keep my mouth shut.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.

I got back on friday from my PRTC. I didnt think I would enjoy it but it was brilliant!
    I had been training for months on press ups, situps and running for 25 mins every other day, and I thought I was in top shape. Believe me, if you think you're ready, think again. There was around 90 of us on the PRTC, and 8 people failed the RAFFT and they looked in better shape than me! If you want my advice:

LISTEN to the staff. There's nothing they hate more than having to repeat themselves because people dont listen.
    FOLLOW their instructions to the letter and dont be distracted.
    IF you get a **********, take it on the chin. Another thing they hate is having someone give them attitude. It shows an absolute lack of respect.
    GO the extra mile with your training, push yourselves beyond your limits (but not too much, try to avoid injury)
    Remember these people will be working with you for 9 weeks if you get through the RAFFT.
    As a corporal from one of the London AFCO's told me while I was there on a number of occasions, it's 9 weeks (11 for the ladies) out of a possible 22 year career. Think about it.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by statto80)
    Hi all.

I got back on friday from my PRTC. I didnt think I would enjoy it but it was brilliant!
    I had been training for months on press ups, situps and running for 25 mins every other day, and I thought I was in top shape. Believe me, if you think you're ready, think again. There was around 90 of us on the PRTC, and 8 people failed the RAFFT and they looked in better shape than me! If you want my advice:

LISTEN to the staff. There's nothing they hate more than having to repeat themselves because people dont listen.
    FOLLOW their instructions to the letter and dont be distracted.
    IF you get a **********, take it on the chin. Another thing they hate is having someone give them attitude. It shows an absolute lack of respect.
    GO the extra mile with your training, push yourselves beyond your limits (but not too much, try to avoid injury)
    Remember these people will be working with you for 9 weeks if you get through the RAFFT.
    As a corporal from one of the London AFCO's told me while I was there on a number of occasions, it's 9 weeks (11 for the ladies) out of a possible 22 year career. Think about it.

Thanks
    Hey I was there too and just got home friday night! I flew up! It was good wasn't it? I'm glad I got a good taste of what it would be like although our 9 weeks will be a lot more intense! What did you get on the bleep test? I got shouted at for running too far ahead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAFia)
    EDIT - I did write an argumentative reply but you know what I can't be bothered to argue with someone over the internet fir trying to help someone out. Anyway it doesn't matter because if I think I can help someone out in the future on here i will just keep my mouth shut.
    Hi RAFia,

Thanks for your help, I appreciated it although we can both see the point here and anyways turns out that guy was in the bed next to me anyway! For anyone else reading this, turns out it's not important to find people before you go to PRTC, I was there 2 days and met people I was talking to like I'd known them for years by the time I left! PRTC was great!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.