Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok chris-mac, the trade is MT driver, just to rack your brains does this trade open on a fairly regular basis?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    MT Driver is currently overmanned as a Trade, so recruiting and training will be tight - still happening, but fewer courses. They will be trying to time your basic training so you are not hanging around waiting for the trade training to start.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks ProStacker for the info, muchly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    My dates are 17th march PRTC and 14th Jan RTC! Shall we set up a separate thread for people with these dates cos i cba trawling through the thread?

ReputationRep:
    thats what this thread was all about...

ReputationRep:
    Joem1987........ what is it you gone in as? Roughly what dates did you do you ast/fitness/ medical etc? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _iMack_)
    thats what this thread was all about...
    yeah i know, just thought it would be easier to have just names on separate thread and leave the conversations in here?

I am applying for AMM Mech.
    I applied in July, had a pre selection interview presentation and got my interview in september, medical and PJFT in october. I am pretty lucky to have these dates considering some people have waited nearly a year already?!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i waited a year!

ReputationRep:
    no worries, a few folk have privetly emailed me bout it so its been successful! U think you'll be goin in march then?

ReputationRep:
    I applied April, done ast may medical June (but retook September with fitness) an have been waiting ever since

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _iMack_)
    no worries, a few folk have privetly emailed me bout it so its been successful! U think you'll be goin in march then?
    I hope so! I have been training hard for it so i will hopefully pass the fitness. Taking it one step at a time though, looking forward to PRTC.
    Have you got a travel pass yet?

ReputationRep:
    Ash I'm in the exact same stage as you. Are you going in as amm av cq? Applied april and done my medical/pjft september. Odds are we will be at prtc/rts at the same time....well it would make sense. All we can do is wait and wait and wait

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got prtc on the 17th dec and what exactly do u do at prtc ? and does anyone no wen u you do ure final interview tar

ReputationRep:
    I am getting quite excited as the 14th of Jan is getting very close, and that is when I do my prtc.

Anyone know when I hear more information from the RAF , eg What time to arrive, what to bring/wear etc ?

ReputationRep:
    Steve I guess we shud b in the same time makes sense. Where bout you goin? Think I gunna ring um within the nxt few wks

ReputationRep:
    AMMs seemed to have been massively over recruited so I dont know how often theyll be going now, Cosford is utter madness.

ReputationRep:
    yeah im not phoning till next year anymore.about AMMs being massively over recruited they do this for a reason as after your first tour your not guaranteed to complete your trainin e.g you dont show enough potential to go onto your advanced training (avionics) then again your right about them over recruiting altho they havent massively over recruited its just they have accepted to many amms over the space of time=which in respect has caused delays to cosford etc.
    anyway ash yeah i would like to go to raf odiham but at this stage i just want dates :P
    have you got msn?
    steve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viper sniper uk)
    Has anyone got prtc on the 17th dec and what exactly do u do at prtc ? and does anyone no wen u you do ure final interview tar
    I have my prtc on the 17th december

ReputationRep:
    Ya mate it [email protected] fingers crossed we will hear from um soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wly)
    I am getting quite excited as the 14th of Jan is getting very close, and that is when I do my prtc.

Anyone know when I hear more information from the RAF , eg What time to arrive, what to bring/wear etc ?
    I hope your working on your fitness, as the fitness test on PRTC will be pass or fail from 14 Jan. So make sure you get as much training in as possible, or you may not make the mark.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.