Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever applied/got in? Any info would be great!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I applied for the school leaver scheme (audit) back in September and I got an offer from KPMG at the end of October. I am due to start this October and I can't wait!

The application process, as I understand, is the same for this scheme as it is for the other schemes that KPMG operate. You will need to complete an online application, followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests online. If you pass these tests then there is a first interview which is competency based. If you are successful at this stage then you will be invited to attend an assessment centre. Here you will be required to complete an e-tray exercise, a group exercise, a partner/director interview and do a 5 minute presentation on an organisation of your choice.

KPMG run Business Insight days at their offices which are aimed at A level students. I went to one of these last July and I found it really helpful. They give you lots of information about the scheme as well as the other schemes that they run. If you are interested in applying for a position then I would highly recommend going to a business insight day.

When I start I will be working towards my AAT as part of the AAT/ACA fast-track route. It will take me 4 years to qualify as a chartered accountant, during which time I will be working for KPMG as well as studying at college.

If you have any questions about anything that I have said then please feel free to send me a private message

ReputationRep:
    congrats on your offer kate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 456789)
    congrats on your offer kate
    Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.