Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised that an all weekend job really isn't for me, especially with the crappy minimum wage I get for doing such short shifts. Does anyone have ideas for weekend evening jobs? There's a Pizza Express near me, considering applying there...anyone know what the pay is like? Any other job ideas?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Petrol stations? Supermarkets?

I know a lot of Store Managers in petrol stations at the moment are quite keen on 8 hour contracts, whereas in the past, you would get a 16 hour minimum. Pay's crap and the work is fairly hard-going in busy sites (quieter ones are just plain boring!), but they're generally really good for overtime during holidays and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Good idea, can't do petrol stations until I turn 18 though =/ Months off... Haha you're in Aberdeen, oil capital of the UK, no wonder you know a bit about petrol stations :P

ReputationRep:
    Our store is looking for evening delivery drivers for online shopping, need to of had a driving license for 4 years though? I dont know your age. Something like that could be cool. Its only weekdays ours is wanting too. 5 til 10pm
    Edit: Oh just saw your last post, soz. That'll teach me for not reading the whole thread lol

ReputationRep:
    Prostitution

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, when I made this post I should've added "nothing illegal or sex related" Haha don't worry about it Spazzycazzy. Umm I'm thinking maybe supermarkets, just had my first day at Sports World...I'm quitting, can't put it simpler than that, don't know when though...it was unbelievably boring, and the ****** pay doesn't exactly make matters better...

ReputationRep:
    Thought about doing Avon? It's quite flexible, commission is reasonable and the stuff is lovely XD

ReputationRep:
    One problem...I'M A GUY!!! But yeah ok, so what if I use Avon's stuff sometimes, only bcos there's no other soap in the house XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    Prostitution
    No, that's not even funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    No, that's not even funny.
    Well then I guess he should be a comedian if he wants funny.

ReputationRep:
    Eh?! Time out anyway, I actually want to know what evening jobs I can do (not prostitution lol), serious matter here!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.