The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah.
Reply 2
Hmmm...tough one...if they had changed their ways and also had an STI test I don't see what the problem is really?
Similar to the "I'm a virgin thread" responses. Some people will find it a turn-off, some people won't care. You have to ask yourself, would you really want to be with someone who judged you negatively for your 'colourful' sexual history? Hopefully they'd be mature enough to realise that you are with them now and this does not mean that you'd be sleeping with other people.

Personally, I think I'd be more inclined to judge them negatively if they'd had a history of unprotected sex/caught STD's/gotten people pregnant than if they'd had safe sex with many people.

People can change, if you are with somebody with a high sexual partner count, you just have to hope that the number doesn't increase while you are with them, and I'm sure that in most cases, it won't.
Personally, it would put me off, but i dont know...depends on how much we liked each other.
I dunno, depends on the person and the situation
I'm not in a position to judge so as long as it's in the past I'll overlook it.
Reply 7
Depending on how hot they are. If they are just above average then its a NO.
I wouldn't put me off because I'm not really looking for a serious/long term relationship at the moment so as long as they were clean I'd be okay with it... depending on how they presented themselves and their past experiences... if they were flaunting it about it might bother me a little bit though.
Although it would depend on their personality and self-perception. If they were too proud or big headed and thought they were God's gift to everyone then it would definitely put me off.
Reply 9
I don't care, what's in the past is in the past.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
no.
just as alot of guys view girls that sleeparound as cheap and easy, i see guys who sleep around as very cheap and trashy.
definitely below me anyway!
I would not be put off.
Reply 12
I wouldn't be out off... I think often people need to do the whole sleeping around thing before they really want to settle down anyway.
Reply 13
no
personally, yeah, it would put me off. But it depends what kind of a relationship you want with him here. If you really like him and are willing to overlook the possibility that he may consider you as 'just another notch on his bedpost' (sorry:frown: ), then give it a go. But I'd still be very weary...
Yes, it would. I have views about sex that get me neg repped on a regular basis for being "conservative," so you can figure out how I feel about it.

Unless the person had a total change of heart of course, then I could make an exception.
I would. The fact that someone has had a lot of one night stands before doesn't mean they wouldn't make a faithful partner.
Reply 17
aslong as he doesn't have many one night stands whilst dating me i don't see the problem :smile:
I would date them, but they'd have to get tested before anything else happened.
Reply 19
It would put me off, but if they demonstrated that they changed and were looking for something serious I'd consider it. After a probationary period of course :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending