Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls & guys - would you date someone who'd had many casual sexual partners? Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, it wouldn't put me off. So long as they were looking for a relationship now and were over all that, ready to be faithful etc.

ReputationRep:
    If they were 'clean' and weren't into that anymore, then yeah! Why not? :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Depends, but its probable.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't want a welly fanny.

ReputationRep:
    Why would it put anyone off? what's wrong with enjoying sex responsibly?

ReputationRep:
    My bf has a veeery colourful past, being 37. He had quite a few f*** buddies before he got with me but hadn't had a relationship in about 3 years. We started out as f*** buddies but it has worked out that we are now a very happy couple =).
    He had an sti test within the first phase of our relationship,which was clean, and I totally trust him.

ReputationRep:
    I would be put right off them - it'd take a lot for me to reconsider.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I don't think you should judge people for what they've done before they've met you tbh. Just the fact that they've slept with or seen (or whatever) with a lot of people, it doesn't mean they'd not be faithful.

ReputationRep:
    i'd be put off, i hate player types anyway, so i'd just think all they'd be after was sex

ReputationRep:
    it wouldn't really bother me.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't put me off at all. If you are single and you have one night stands it says nothing about your ability to have a relationship. It just shows they haven't wanted to be in one so have chosen to stay single and sleep around. As long as I trusted them I would have no problem. I would assess weather or not I could trust them the same way I would assess it with a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    uhh no. no, definitely not. the casual sexual partners would definitely put me off that person. how do i know whether they have an STI or something? if they had maybe one or two...that would be all right.

ReputationRep:
    People can always change, so in case that happened I would date them despite what they did i the past. People do things which they later realize were wrong, that's just simply how we are. If they show no change though, then that would be a serious problem.

ReputationRep:
    Experience is a good thing, as long as they're clean etc.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't put me off- if it was a history of cheating it would.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how many, but if they've been safe but just had a laugh, who am I to judge? They may be better in the bedroom for it.

However, my current boyfriend was a virgin when we got together, and I wasn't, and I think it does bug him a little bit that he wasn't my first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    Yes, it would. I have views about sex that get me neg repped on a regular basis for being "conservative," so you can figure out how I feel about it.

Unless the person had a total change of heart of course, then I could make an exception.
    Er... they would for the relationship at least :p:

Personally, I think I wouldn't have sex with someone with a ton of one night stands because they probably have a STD (why hasn't anyone mentioned that yet?) And they are a man whore... and man whores are the worst...

ReputationRep:
    On the contrary, I'd actually prefer it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Personally, I think I wouldn't have sex with someone with a ton of one night stands because they probably have a STD (why hasn't anyone mentioned that yet?)
    lots of people have mentioned it, and I still don't understand the attitude that lots of partners = having an STD. ever heard of safe sex? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beige_Angel)
    Although it would depend on their personality and self-perception. If they were too proud or big headed and thought they were God's gift to everyone then it would definitely put me off.
    No wonder Jesus died a virgin.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.