Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls & guys - would you date someone who'd had many casual sexual partners? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    Of course not, that something isn't designed to stretch like your something is.
    it doesn't stretch during sex; it expands and contracts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    it doesn't stretch during sex; it expands and contracts.
    It becomes looser after repeated use. Ever heard of roast beef curtains? There's a reason for them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    It becomes looser after repeated use. Ever heard of roast beef curtains? There's a reason for them!
    it really doesn't become looser with use, it becomes looser with age.
    some people get big curtains, like anything else it's just genetics. Beef curtains don't mean you're loose either. I think you have a lot to learn about the female body.

even if you were speaking any truth it still doesn't back up your first post. more partners doesn't equal more sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you liked a person but they had a background of many one-night stands, f***-buddies etc. would this put you off? Would you ever date a person with a history like that?
    itd be a turn on

ReputationRep:
    Stable, loving, relationship sex is probably overrated - having many casual sexual partners would not be a turn off to me at all.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't find it a turn off exactly, as I don't have a problem with casual sex. I'd definitely be cautious though. I'd want to know how many people, and for what reason. I wouldn't really have an issue with someone who'd done it purely for enjoyment, as long as they were safe, but I've been out with someone who sleeps around as a self-destructive thing, and that's definitely something to avoid like the plague. I'd also be wary of someone who's just had lots of casual sex without much of a relationship history, as that doesn't say anything good either.

ReputationRep:
    If I knew that they could be faithful then yeah, can't see the problem.

ReputationRep:
    I'll admit that it would put me off.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't really affect me tbh. Provided they, like me, got tested for STI's, it wouldn't affect me at all. The main problem for guys who go with girls who have had more partners or sexual experience than them, is that the guy tends to feel insecure about his performance.

To me, it doesn't really matter

ReputationRep:
    No, because once a girl has crossed the line--for some men this is one, but most will allow three or even five--their honor has gone, and by going out with them you'll be viewed by society as a little man, unable to acquire a decent woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bret)
    No, because once a girl has crossed the line--for some men this is one, but most will allow three or even five--their honor has gone, and by going out with them you'll be viewed by society as a little man, unable to acquire a decent woman.

Or, you know, it doesn't have to be a problem in the 21st century where you don't advertise to the world how many partners you or your other half has had.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be a bit hypocritical of me to say that it would bother me. I really don't see why it should, just because you've slept with many people DOES NOT mean you've cheated on partners, got STD's etc. The only issue I'd have in starting a serious 'relationship' was if they were prone to cheating, and then if you're thinking of going into a serious relationship you gotta have a bit of trust.

I also don't understand, when you first start seeing someone (OP or otherwise) do you automatically think of its potential for a serious relationship? I'm generally more likely to have been sleeping with someone for a while before I even consider that possibility..

(Original post by Sianeh)
    I also don't understand, when you first start seeing someone (OP or otherwise) do you automatically think of its potential for a serious relationship? I'm generally more likely to have been sleeping with someone for a while before I even consider that possibility..
    No for me, it's like I feel that someone who sleeps around doesn't put a high enough value on sex and it's role in a relationship. I'd find it hard to trust their actions if they'd had many sexual partners.

ReputationRep:
    No for me, it's like I feel that someone who sleeps around doesn't put a high enough value on sex and it's role in a relationship. I'd find it hard to trust their actions if they'd had many sexual partners.
    Just because they have had lot of sex doesn't mean they are going to cheat on you. I think it's quite unfair to have that assumption.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: I value sex rather highly in a relationship, hence I'd like to know what I'd be getting. I honestly think I'd find it hard to be with someone if we didn't do it for each other in the bedroom.

ReputationRep:
    I dont date. but generally... yeah why not?

I dont tend to ask how many partners they've had in the past, i dont care.

(Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Just because they have had lot of sex doesn't mean they are going to cheat on you. I think it's quite unfair to have that assumption.
    By 'trust their actions' I don't mean cheat on me ... I mean I don't think I'd trust them having sex with me, and their reasons for doing so. If that makes sense.

If a guy was willing to have casual sex with 20 people and never see them again, then enter into a relationship with me and have sex, I'd be concerned that he doesn't value the emotional aspects of sex as highly as I do. For him it could just be 'sex' - like it was with his one night stands, but for me it could mean a lot more (emotionally).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.