Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm going on a semster abroad to singapore soon. I was wondering what the best way was to transfer money from my bank account in the UK to be used in singapore. Am I better off getting a credit card or just exchanging pounds to singapore dollars? I'm kinda stuck right now because my credit card application was rejected by my bank and I'm looking for any other banks just now who'd offer me credit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked into getting a bank account set up over in Singapore?

I did a semester abroad in Australia, set up a bank account there before leaving and transferred money that way.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for any other banks just now who'd offer me credit
    If you have a Student Account, then credit cards are offered with some types of accounts. I'm with Lloyds TSB and they have given me a card with a limit of £750.00. Check to see whether there is an account where it is free to make transactions abroad. On my account, overseas transactions cost an extra £1

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.