Turn on thread page Beta

i really need help with this boy problem watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've liked this boy since we were both fourteen, and we're now sixteen. Although I never really told him how I felt, it's possible he might have guessed and I have reason to believe he likes me aswell, like for example he got into a fight to protect me. Anyway, I was really depressed when I was like fifteen, had family and school problems etc and when we used to meet I just acted really weirdly/quietly and now I don't think he really cares anymore because of the strange and probably annoying way I acted.
    I want to meet him again this summer because I feel like I've changed now and am ready to meet him again, but I don't know what to say to make him agree to meeting. If I say someething like, "We should meet!" or whatever, he'll be like yeah, because's he's too polite to say no, but probably won't actually.
    Please help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeeee!)
    I've liked this boy since we were both fourteen, and we're now sixteen. Although I never really told him how I felt, it's possible he might have guessed and I have reason to believe he likes me aswell, like for example he got into a fight to protect me. Anyway, I was really depressed when I was like fifteen, had family and school problems etc and when we used to meet I just acted really weirdly/quietly and now I don't think he really cares anymore because of the strange and probably annoying way I acted.
    I want to meet him again this summer because I feel like I've changed now and am ready to meet him again, but I don't know what to say to make him agree to meeting. If I say someething like, "We should meet!" or whatever, he'll be like yeah, because's he's too polite to say no, but probably won't actually.
    Please help.
    just text him saying hi, haven't spoken/seen you in ages, i'd really like to meet up if you want to, are you free anytime soon

it gives him the opportunity to say he's not free if he doesn't want to meet up, or name a time and place if he does

hope it all goes ok

ReputationRep:
    Just get into a bit of conversation with him, you know, small talk and then move on to asking him what he's doing tomorrow/next week or whenever. Suggest a date but don't say the word "date" - try to go about it in a tactful way, smile to him, he'll soon get the message (at least I would).

ReputationRep:
    Please help.
    Just be totally honest with him and tell him exactly what you've said here - i've found that honesty usually works :yep:

Talk to him on skype/msn

ReputationRep:
    Best to talk (however hard it may seem now) otherwise anything you do have will fizzle out.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, just get talking again. Maybe if you want to, tell him about how you were having a tough time and consequently weren't as friendly/chatty/sociable back then. Make more of an effort now and see how things go! He'll probably be pleased to hear from you etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it's not like an established 'thing' so I can't really be honest.

ReputationRep:
    "where you been. come out for a bit. havnt seen you in ages"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazija)
    "where you been. come out for a bit. havnt seen you in ages"
    he lives in south london and i live in north

ReputationRep:
    he lives in south london and i live in north
    "get on the tube. meet me at covent garden. lets watch some street performers and make fun of the lost tourists"

ReputationRep:
    Don't be honest, it would be too much too soon. Just be friendly and try to rekindle your friendship for now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.