Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

im looking to start a 5 day gym plan, here it is atm. (gain weight and muscle same time)

mon - arms and legs (+cardio)
    tue - back, shoulders, lats (+ abs)
    wed - chest (+cardio)
    thu - arms and legs (+abs)
    fri - back, shoulders, lats(+cardio)

i need to really improve my chest but i dont know where to fit the chest in extra, just 1 more chest session.

any advice would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Its a bit of an odd plan. First things first, you need a break in there. Most splits are like

Mon: work out a
    tue: work out b
    wed: off
    thur: work out c
    fri: work out d
    satff
    sun: off or start again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Apprentice)
    Hey all

im looking to start a 5 day gym plan, here it is atm.

mon - arms and legs (+cardio)
    tue - back, shoulders, lats (+ abs)
    wed - chest (+cardio)
    thu - arms and legs (+abs)
    fri - back, shoulders, lats(+cardio)

i need to really improve my chest but i dont know where to fit the chest in extra.

any advice would be appreciated.
    make time.

do

mon - AM chest / PM arms and legs (+cardio)
    tue - AM back, shoulders, lats (+ abs) / PM chest
    wed - AM chest (+cardio) / PM chest
    thu - arms and legs (+abs) and chest
    fri - back, shoulders, lats(+cardio) and chest

and do push ups whenever you can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    make time.

do

mon - AM chest / PM arms and legs (+cardio)
    tue - AM back, shoulders, lats (+ abs) / PM chest
    wed - AM chest (+cardio) / PM chest
    thu - arms and legs (+abs) and chest
    fri - back, shoulders, lats(+cardio) and chest

and do push ups whenever you can
    Careful, he might actually try that. You forgot, Sat - chest and chest, Sun - chest.

ReputationRep:
    lol i dont wna go crazy on the chest like that u know...

like just 1 day extra... in that plan there. im likin mpegs plan tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Careful, he might actually try that. You forgot, Sat - chest and chest, Sun - chest.
    my bad.

I forgot, in addition to all that have a

biceps outer head day
    inner head day
    brachilais day
    forearms day.

or session as it were

ReputationRep:
    Id say space out things. My workouts are usually 3 cardio sessions and 2 wieght sessions a week. Cardio consists of HIIT, hard running, bike training, rowing etc. while wieght sessions are split between machines and free weights. But dont over exert yourself. My cardio sessions last about
    1/2 an hour and wieghts about the same time.

The key is to keep interested and to mix it up, use all the facilities of the gym and make space for days when you just cba to go to the gym, otherwise youll just overrwork yourself and get hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Why not like... use google and search for a popular split program? There'll be plenty out there.

ReputationRep:
    Take break in between days, like do normal weights one day and do cardio the next and so on, Your muscles grow when you are resting, they recover from the previous work out.
    I do 3 days a week and I spend like 2 to 3 hours a day, within the first 2 weeks,
    Also focus on foods such as steak, chicken, fruit, milk, vegetables, cheese and assorted types of nuts. It's recommended to eat 4 - 6 pieces of fresh fruit a day, and at least four tall glasses of milk. Milk is a great, cheap protein source - take advantage of it. A sample snack meal would be a glass of milk, an apple, and a hand full of peanuts.

in your gym plan fit in your daily meals, I suggest 6 meals. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and three other small meals scheduled throughout the day. The goal is to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours.
    Also eat well 2 hours before going into gym and straight after gym.
    Avoid sugery stuff because it will jus give you quick burst of energy and then you will feel tired after wards.

your plan aint bad, but try to fit in more rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikkuro)
    Take break in between days, like do normal weights one day and do cardio the next and so on, Your muscles grow when you are resting, they recover from the previous work out.
    I do 3 days a week and I spend like 2 to 3 hours a day, within the first 2 weeks,
    Also focus on foods such as steak, chicken, fruit, milk, vegetables, cheese and assorted types of nuts. It's recommended to eat 4 - 6 pieces of fresh fruit a day, and at least four tall glasses of milk. Milk is a great, cheap protein source - take advantage of it. A sample snack meal would be a glass of milk, an apple, and a hand full of peanuts.

in your gym plan fit in your daily meals, I suggest 6 meals. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and three other small meals scheduled throughout the day. The goal is to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours.
    Also eat well 2 hours before going into gym and straight after gym.
    Avoid sugery stuff because it will jus give you quick burst of energy and then you will feel tired after wards.

your plan aint bad, but try to fit in more rest.
    With an FBWO agreed, you need a day inbetween each work out, but for splits its not so important. Every 2 workouts then yes but not after every work out since not every muscle is needing to be rested/being used in every session.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i get the rest bit, thats why i do arms and legs on a monday, then rest for 2 days and then same but then a 3 day rest.

i just dont do alot of things in 1 day if u get me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I was being helpful and witty; which pussy neg repped me for that?

And judging by there statement, "point?", I think they would try it!!! :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.