Turn on thread page Beta

Any 6th year leavers not bothered about exam results? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll certainly be going back in for my investigation/project results (and I'm definitely not the only one!); irritatingly, despite our Computing projects being internally-assessed, the school's policy is that we can't get the marks until the rest of the component marks come out. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional but I still want to know my grades :P. I still worked hard this year (well, some of the time) and I'd hate that to be a waste and find out I'd completely failed everything .

I'm another one who'll be going in for my investigation marks! I put so much work into those beasts that I have to know how they did! I just hope I haven't spent so long on them and it turns out that I've got 3/25 or something like that!

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to completely ignore common sense, all accumulated scientific knowledge in your life and the SQA guidelines to get 3/25!

ReputationRep:
    The rational part of me knows that, but I'm still really scared that I've done something really wrong and the marker will laugh :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too :p:

I really want 20+ in both of them, but the amount I learnt from doing my investigations means that when I came to do the report I saw so many flaws! That said I spent ages on my reports and was pretty meticulous about them so hopefully that compensated...

ReputationRep:
    I'm aiming for 15-20, with Biology def being my worst and Chemistry and Physics about even.

I spent ages on mine as well, though was still finetuning them right to the deadline. I looked over them the other day and still found stuff I wanted to change! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach L)
    I'm aiming for 15-20, with Biology def being my worst and Chemistry and Physics about even.

I spent ages on mine as well, though was still finetuning them right to the deadline. I looked over them the other day and still found stuff I wanted to change! :P
    Yeah, I think the fact that we can look back now and find a whole bunch of stuff we would change now shows how good a learning process it was! I can't speak for you, but it was frustrating as hell at times and it totally felt like I was thrown in at the deep end but i'm glad I was now!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I completely agree with you! There was the horrible moment in Chem when my experiment had, literally, exploded and I was left with nothing which made me want to pack it all in and just cry for a while. But then it worked the next time (thank goodness!) and I think I ended up with a good project at the end of it.

It's definitely been good experience for uni, though I'm not doing a pure science degree and thus will not be doing experiments and writing reports very regularly, I think the independent working element was great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    I'm absolutely terrified

Although I have a plan:
    collect results envelope on morning of results day, go out clubbing on the evening and get wasted, open results when drunk, laugh at string of (expected) Ds with other drunk friends :rofl:
    Lol, that sounds like a good way to do it, although im sure they wont be as bad as you think. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I wont be going in to find out my advanced higher biology mark because I was working with plants and they were just a complete disaster because they were being left for weekends under a warm light bank! I wouldn't except anymore than 15 for my investigation.

Good luck to everyone who is going in to find out their exact mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *TheSweetestDrug*)
    i don't wanna know...i agree with everything in your thread...!

Lol, what you dont know doesnt hurt you, thats what I say :P

ReputationRep:
    how do we find out our advanced higher project marks? are they in our sqa certificate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa.Marie)
    how do we find out our advanced higher project marks? are they in our sqa certificate?
    No, you'll have to see your teacher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    No, you'll have to see your teacher.
    aw i didnt know that thanks, have the results been sent in yet? even though all schools are closed lol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisa.Marie)
    aw i didnt know that thanks, have the results been sent in yet? even though all schools are closed lol :p:
    No, the schools get the results at pretty much the same time as we do (although universities get them early, in order for them to make decisions on people who just miss offers and so on). Also, there will usually be some people hanging around on results day - teachers often go in to check how their classes got on. (I emailed my teachers at their school address asking for my bands on results day last year and got most of them on the same day and the rest within a few days.)

Or you can wait until they go back. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    No, the schools get the results at pretty much the same time as we do (although universities get them early, in order for them to make decisions on people who just miss offers and so on). Also, there will usually be some people hanging around on results day - teachers often go in to check how their classes got on. (I emailed my teachers at their school address asking for my bands on results day last year and got most of them on the same day and the rest within a few days.)

Or you can wait until they go back. :p:
    it's really weird like track updates at 8 and if your getting them by post you might know if you got your grades before you actually get them! if you get me! :p: lol i go for text, nice wee suprise when you wake up eh.

awwh did you, i should of done that. i just found out when i went back up, 5 A's at 3 band 1 and 2 band 2. i know a guy who got 6 band 1's though!! :P all higehrs! i might just phone up cause one of my chemistry teachers is a guidance teacher. thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    I'm sort of in the same boat - I'm not bothered at all about what I get this year. I want to get my Adv H Geo at A, but that's just to show respect to my amazing Geography teacher really! Towards the end of 6th year you could definitely tell those who needed grades and those who didn't - take a quick look in the social area and you'll find all those with UCs! XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmathePiper)
    I'm sort of in the same boat - I'm not bothered at all about what I get this year. I want to get my Adv H Geo at A, but that's just to show respect to my amazing Geography teacher really! Towards the end of 6th year you could definitely tell those who needed grades and those who didn't - take a quick look in the social area and you'll find all those with UCs! XD
    Was the same at our school, although the majority of people did have to get at least one exam this year.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.