Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey, im a guy, ive just left school and over the past year my seemingly pleasent life has turned into hell. All because of my dad. Before the reccession he gave a large sum of money to an indian hedgefund manager who said he would invest it in oil. As we moved further into the autumn of 2008 it became clear that my dad had been defrauded. On top of this, due to the recession my dad had to take a lower wage at work, we were struggling, my family had to sell a property we owned in london for 2/3 of what it was worth a few months ago. In this instance my dad was scammed again, the house was sold 2 weeks later for 55 grand more, the estate agent pulled a fast one. This isnt the end of it though, as one of my dads partners in his firm has stolen £100,000 and has been on 6 holidays during this reccession and recently bought a bentley. This has led my dad to become reliant on drink and is spiralling into a drink problem, he probably drinks 2 bottles a night. This is causing terrible distress for this family and I feel as the eldest son, I am the only thing holding it together as we struggle to survive. Now as you may have guessed, my dad is quite a weak man, he lets these people walk all over him, where as I am different, I am strong willed and this is where my problem lies. I want to kill these people, that have harmed my family. I have so much hate inside of me I cannot enjoy life. I want revenge for what these greedy, selfish, gluttonous people have done to my family.

I want help to remove this hate

ReputationRep:
    They hurt the people you care about. I don't think things we say here will make that go away.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure how you want us to help....

I have a baseball bat in my garage?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you need to find another outlet for your anger, a sport or an instrument, whatever you like to do. I suppose you could also try to get a job and help your family, though that may not be the best advice. Anyway, you really have to think on this for yourself. Remember: two wrongs don't make a right. They may have hurt you, but that doesn't mean that if you hurt them, especially physically, you will be justified.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe you.

ReputationRep:
    How much do you have left? Any savings? Is it enough to have these people killed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to kill these people, that have harmed my family. I have so much hate inside of me I cannot enjoy life. I want revenge for what these greedy, selfish, gluttonous people have done to my family.

I want help to remove this hate
    Okay well, i completely understand your full of anger but your right, as the oldest you probably need to step up now and use this 'strong willed' personality of yours to raise family spirits. Furthermore, in addition to this you should be trying to sort this situation out, encourage your dad try and get back on his feet and let him kno that your all going to get through this. Be strong, do what you can, stay enthusiastic and hopefully you'll come through this as a family. Perhaps you can get a little more involved in the business aspect of the situation, just do what you can ! Hopefully you'll be fine just make sure you remain to have a positive mentality and try to chanel this anger to something in else. Replace it with motivation to help your dad and the rest of your family. Good luck, im sure you'll be fine !

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.