Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

restore my faith in relationships watch

Announcements

(Original post by Ken321)
    No, I am not. But if the guys you go out with seem good at first then completely rip your heart apart, then there must be many many douchebags around you, and I am sincerely sorry for that.

I'm just going to say this now: Quite a large number of guys out there deceive someone to get in bed with them or to just 'get with them'. It's going to be quite annoying to find someone who isn't deceptive.
    Do girls do this too? I don't know, but I'm a guy, so I know more about what guys talk about/think/do.

Just keep your faith up, and if not, clear your mind for a while, rest well, have fun with friends. Ultimately your faith in relationships will heal with time!
    The bit in bold didn't make sense.

It's so frustrating always having to wonder now if the way people act with me is just a lie. If i get paranoid i get accused of being paranoid and this pushes people away and makes me feel guilty, but if im not on guard then i feel naive for trusting someone.

what are the signs a guy is lying to get with you anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The bit in bold didn't make sense.

It's so frustrating always having to wonder now if the way people act with me is just a lie. If i get paranoid i get accused of being paranoid and this pushes people away and makes me feel guilty, but if im not on guard then i feel naive for trusting someone.

what are the signs a guy is lying to get with you anyway?
    There basically are no signs. Guys can be cover-up douchebags.
    I'm a lot more self-conscious about my actions...so I tend to be as least douche-baggerish as possible.

If you know any guys who are self-conscious about their actions (and say sorry even at the slightest mistake, and knowingly care for others) there's a good chance he might not be a jerk.

It's a hit a miss really, you really have to look around.

(Original post by princessheylaa)
    Hey sweetie i'm 18 and i've had bad experiances so far , my ex of a year and 10 months split with me a month ago,and already he's moving onto a new girl, ouch
    i was in bits and some days i still am , but the old line everything happens for a reason is true.
    From these bad experiances you can learn more about yourself , for example what is ok and what isn't
    I personally believe for 2 halves to be a whole that half must be whole on it's own.
    Get to know yourself , finding yourself is one of life's greatest journeys.
    I know that this doesn't take away that you feel paranoid , i mean im the same , but would you still want to be with the men al over again if you met them now ?.
    You sound like a lovely girl and it's unfortunate that you have been cheated on . what cheaters tend to forget is , it shapes the victim for life , i hate cheaters xx
    aww thats good advice thanks. but how can i find myself?

ReputationRep:
    Lots of ways really just even things like changing your hair etc , at the moment i'm going out my comfort zone for a bit , doing things i wouldn't usaully do , so that way i know what sort of person i want to be and who i want to assocaite with and who i don't
    go out and make new friends aswell , if you going to uni apply for a placement abroad
    btw i know after being cheated on its tempted to just think right thats it im becoming a cheater but don't, i know its sad that us nice girls finsh last ,but at least were different

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.