Turn on thread page Beta

break hymen watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i want to break it myself so im less worried when i have sex. how can i do this?? ive used tampons but obviously that hasnt done it

ReputationRep:
    if you've used a tampon, it will have broken. the tampon has to go through the place where your hymen sits.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by smartiemonkeys)
    if you've used a tampon, it will have broken. the tampon has to go through the place where your hymen sits.
    That's not necessarily true. Even with a hymen, the opening is still usually large enough to let a tampon in.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.steadyhealth.com/can_inse...__t106092.html

Why would you want to break it? Ouchhh, at least make it worth the pain when it goes.

ReputationRep:
    a lot of people say that its not going to break if you are using tampons... but its highly unlikely that you havnt broken it already!! seriously, it can break using a tampon. although you may have done it already anyway if you are active. even if it hasnt broken, the blood is a very small amount, if you do notice it then i hope you're losing your virginity to someone who you can talk about it to!! and it doesnt hurt breaking it - thats just stupid. you dont even notice!

ReputationRep:
    Well, you would have to get a bloody great dildo.

Please don't stick anything stupid like a hairbrush or a courgette up there. I wouldn't recommend it... why don't you just wait till you find a nice guy who will be understanding when you lose your virginity to him? I am sure it will be a much nicer way of popping the ol' cherry than ramming some horrible object up yourself.

just wondering how deep does the hymen normally sit?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    just wondering how deep does the hymen normally sit?
    Right on the outside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boredyay)
    i want to break it myself so im less worried when i have sex. how can i do this?? ive used tampons but obviously that hasnt done it

your mad. generally if you run alot or do alot of sports it will be broken already its sooo thing and little it doesnt actually hurt. if you use tampons its probs already broken!

dont worry enjoy sex and make sure ur comfi with the whole thing.. my hymen breaking was the last thing id be thinkin bout in your position lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartiemonkeys)
    Wrong, unless you have only a tiny hole (or none) in the hymen to start with (but this isnt that commen as far as im aware)

Pics of different types of hymen: http://pics1.frozenbear.com/i/picfu1...5a200_main.jpg
    A normal hymen wouldnt be torn by using a tampon

ReputationRep:
    even if youre very active, regularly use tamptons, horseride etc etc. it's unlikely to be completely broken, and it will almosy definitely hurt the first time you have sex. But, if youre sure to demand lots of foreplay and take it slowly it won't hurt a lot. Or, if you do want to break it now, try using more fingers?

ReputationRep:
    Take up horseriding

I reckon the first time will still be at least uncomfortable even if your hymen was broken.

(Original post by oh wow)
    even if youre very active, regularly use tamptons, horseride etc etc. it's unlikely to be completely broken, and it will almosy definitely hurt the first time you have sex. But, if youre sure to demand lots of foreplay and take it slowly it won't hurt a lot. Or, if you do want to break it now, try using more fingers?
    yes, but you can even have remnants of the hymen attached when you give birth! it isnt always fully removed. the hymen breaking is not why losing ur virginity hurts! its usually the lack of friction, or not having had anything of that size there before!! trust me, my hymen broke years before i had my first period or lost my virginity as i ride - it didnt hurt, i didnt notice until i saw a small amount of blood - i thought my periods had started, but that wasnt the case for another 2 years... you have nothing to worry about, even if it hasnt broken, its not worth trying to see if you can break it yourself!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The hymen has no nerves- it doesn't hurt when you break it.

The pain of first time sex comes from being nervous and too tight, or lacking lubrication.

The hymen is not the thing to worry about.

Promise.

ReputationRep:
    What an odd thing to try and do, anyway try horseriding.

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever used a tampon once. And it was then that the hymen broke. Coincidence? I don't know, but if you use tampons regularly then it's very likely that it will break. I know it was staying in my way when I masturbated and when I discovered that it had been broken I was really reliefed that I didn't have to think about it again. So, yeah, try to either use tampons regularly, if it doesn't work, then just "accidentally" break it by masturbating... at least it will feel good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    Well, you would have to get a bloody great dildo.

Please don't stick anything stupid like a hairbrush or a courgette up there. I wouldn't recommend it... why don't you just wait till you find a nice guy who will be understanding when you lose your virginity to him? I am sure it will be a much nicer way of popping the ol' cherry than ramming some horrible object up yourself.
    wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticMaster)
    wtf?
    LOL... some people are silly and resort to sticking phallic vegetables up their vaginas.

ReputationRep:
    A tampon will not break your hymen fully, it will probably just tear it a little. In most cases some of the hymen is still left intact. Your best, and least painful bet, is to stretch it over time which is more gradual and easier in general. Although as someone above me has already said - your hymen has no nerves, it isn't the hymen that hurts when you first have sex, it's the actual vagina. Whether you break your hymen or not your first time is not what defines whether or not it will hurt.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is slightly weird...:lolwut:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.