The Student Room Group

Uni 2nd time round, parents affair, and so very confused... help!

Hi - very confused.....

In september 2008 i started Manchester Met Uni feeling ok for my first night there considering i thought i would be homesick, my boyf went to manchester uni of and i thought it would help him being around the corner if anything went wrong. I soon felt extremely homesick and left after a very short time (3 DAYS) I got to the registration on my course on the third day and literally said i was going to the loo and never went back - sociology - i decided i didnt want to do the course and totally panicked... and left. My boyf told me that if i got on the train gome i would never come back and he was right.....i came home and felt awful having left but didnt want to go back. i found a job or the year temporarily but something else went rong...

About 3 days before christmas 08 i found an msn thread on MY laptop from my dad with another woman, with more sneaking around i found more and more info and realised they were having an affair. To this day he has no idea i know. I have no idea what to do, i try to tell my boyf about it and he can see its hurting me so tries to be "helpful" and says he is going to tell... which doesnt help. i thought creating a thread someone could give me some unbiased advice...

I left it too late to apply for uni this year through panicking...but have been to all the open days and have narrowed my choice down to sheffield hallam (eng and lingusistics), sheffield (sociology and social policy) or bham uni (childhood and culture in society) - I Feel i should move away as i dont think i gave man met a chance, whilst i am terrified of being homesick again... and also do i want to stay home with my cheatin dad?!!

Anyone got any advice?!¬?!
So your mum doesn't know about your dad's affair which you have known about for over a year?
You should give uni more of a chance next time you apply. Everyone gets homesick but you will get over this if you stay there for a while and get new friends. Don't be afraid to go far away from home as then you won't have to see your Dad. However, you will have to wait over a year before uni starts, can you be with your Dad for that long? Does your Mum know about the affair?
Could you confront your Dad about the affair and get him to tell your Mum so you don't have to tell her? This might be the best way to go. I hope this helps a bit x

Latest

Trending

Trending