Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to find an 18th Birthday Dress Watch

ReputationRep:
    Right my 18th birthday is in 6 weeks;

And I wanna get dressed up, but I don't know where to look for a dress!

Please, any help would be great thanks!

ReputationRep:
    most high street shops should do the trick; New Look and Dorothy Perkins are my favourites. Debenhams if you want something more formal. Or if you're ok buying online, asos.com

ReputationRep:
    Monsoon! I thoroughly recommend their dresses, esp. this gorgeous white dress that I recommend to the world. Seriously, their dresses are too pretty!

ReputationRep:
    after lookin in like 5 cities for my birthday dress i finally found one in BANK and i still love it :P its a miss sixty one

ReputationRep:
    Lipsy.

ReputationRep:
    ASOS do loads of major brands and you may even find something nice in the clearance

ReputationRep:
    Depends what type of dress you want - Coast do elegant dresses i got the most gorgeous dress from there not long ago...ASOS (website) also has lots of options... and then there are always top shop, new look, Oasis etc

ReputationRep:
    Yeah what are you doing for your birthday? If you want something more formal, I agree with hardy that coast do some lovely ones, as do monsoon- although they are both quite pricey. I got a lovely elegant dress from TK Maxx one too so that's always worth a look.
    If you're looking for more of a pub/club kind of dress, my favourites are lipsy, rare (google rare fashion) Topshop and ASOS (although obviously if you want to try it on first this isn't much good although they do show models in the clothes doing a catwalk so it gives you an idea- although the models are v skinny obviously).
    Good luck with the search!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieclick)
    most high street shops should do the trick; New Look and Dorothy Perkins are my favourites. Debenhams if you want something more formal. Or if you're ok buying online, asos.com
    We have a New Look but it's all the old stuff- I mean, I went over to Liverpool and brought a top; a few months later it was the 'newest thing' in our high street store. Guess it's worth having a look on the website...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstepper)
    after lookin in like 5 cities for my birthday dress i finally found one in BANK and i still love it :P its a miss sixty one
    Wow! Now that's putting effort in; I'm just looking on the internet, even though a trip away would be more benefical.

ReputationRep:
    TK Maxx :coma:
    They do the nicest dresses I've ever known. Seriously, they're always my first port of call. You can find some absolute gems in there for brilliant prices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epitomessence)
    Monsoon! I thoroughly recommend their dresses, esp. this gorgeous white dress that I recommend to the world. Seriously, their dresses are too pretty!
    :coma: That is amazing!

ReputationRep:
    If there'sw no colour theme or anything just get a nice one from Lipsy, Bank etc.

ReputationRep:
    Topshop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Right my 18th birthday is in 6 weeks;

And I wanna get dressed up, but I don't know where to look for a dress!

Please, any help would be great thanks!
    My ex got her's from here. http://www.goddiva.co.uk/ You'd be best with a summery, casual style. Presuming it's not a completely formal event?

Good luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    MY FAVOURITE WEBSITE IS WWW.TOPWAGSBOUTIQUE.COM ITS FANTASTIC AS IT HAS THE LATEST LIPSY, RARE AND OTHER QUIRKY DRESSES/TOPS AND THE POSTAGE IS FREE!!!

ReputationRep:
    lipsy, bank, miss selfridge, rare @ topshop, river island, www.asos.com

ReputationRep:
    you should try www.mycelebritydress.co.uk you can rent a designer dress for a few days. they have herve leger for £130 i think...yum. would be really special too

ReputationRep:
    ASOS

ASOS

ASOS

ASOS.

Seriously.
    ASOS.

:]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    My ex got her's from here. http://www.goddiva.co.uk/ You'd be best with a summery, casual style. Presuming it's not a completely formal event?

Good luck :-)
    I checked there, it looked nice but I'm not so sure about the material they use... was it nice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.