Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ello people
    basically i just wanna know if gettin a spray tan or whatever can help to disguise scars/stretch marks. after gettin a really bad case of eczema over my stomach legs and arms i had to use a steroid cream and because of this most of the skin on my arms, stomach and legs got thin and given me stretch marks. i am really self conscious of them. someone has told me that tanning does help. i have brown skin btw cuz i am indian... i do use bio oil and rescue oil mixed with almond oil atleast once a day and properly massage it in... x

ReputationRep:
    In winter Im quite pale and in summer I go quite dark, I always find my scars stand out more when Im tanned but quite a way. Though the spray tan could be different cause its like... paint for lack of a better description

ReputationRep:
    i lost weight and ended up with loads strech marks and bit saggy skin i used bio oil twice a day, i exfoliated daily and also used coco butter twice a day obv exfoliated first. i use a sunbed and i cant see them nomore but the daily regime i did fadded them loads i guess it depends if they redy kind of colour or turned silvery white. but if you just want to hide them then yes fake tan but its really high maintence when it starts to fade after a week or so and goes patchy. my friend gets a spray tan once a week it costs her £50 a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachael-69)
    i lost weight and ended up with loads strech marks and bit saggy skin i used bio oil twice a day, i exfoliated daily and also used coco butter twice a day obv exfoliated first. i use a sunbed and i cant see them nomore but the daily regime i did fadded them loads i guess it depends if they redy kind of colour or turned silvery white. but if you just want to hide them then yes fake tan but its really high maintence when it starts to fade after a week or so and goes patchy. my friend gets a spray tan once a week it costs her £50 a month

hmmm i think ill jus stick with bio oil and and when its like special occasions then ill get a spray tan... thanks x

ReputationRep:
    no probs. good luck with the bio oil it does work just takes a while

ReputationRep:
    sunbeds are working for me, I also have a similar routine to rachel-69. Cocoa butter & bio oil twice a day.

Seriously though, I know sunbeds are bad, but as someone who was severely depressed due to my stretchmarks (all over my stomach and hips, some on thighs.) and not even obese, it has boosted my confidence quite a bit! I plan to keep going weekly untill they fade completely.

(Original post by rachael-69)
    no probs. good luck with the bio oil it does work just takes a while

how many sunbed sessions did it take till your stretch marks cleared?

ReputationRep:
    they have no completly gone i can see them if i look closley it took bout 15 sessions before i really started to notice a dramatic difference n they improve a bt every so often

ReputationRep:
    i think a spray tan should work fine

does anyone know how to get rid of stretch marks that have healed and HAVE LEFT INDENTATIONS IN THE SKIN? THOSE are annoying. they look like cellulite.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.