Turn on thread page Beta

Does everyone get anxiety for no reason? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you sometimes get a really unpleasant feeling of anxiety or fuzziness/hotness in your head, feel lightheaded even though there is no reason for it? I can be sat on a train or bus and it will happen I can't shake off the feeling but does everyone get similar feelings?

I don't get anxious by things like exams. I get anxiety before things like presentations but its pleasant anxiety compared to what I get when there is no need to be anxious.

Ive been like this for 6 years and have avoided work etc because of it but I don't know if everyone gets it and its just me being soft or if I am truely neurotic.

ReputationRep:
    i used to get it alot i only get it sometimes now...

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    But I could lie and say yes, if you'd like?

(Original post by bluestorm)
    Do you sometimes get a really unpleasant feeling of anxiety or fuzziness/hotness in your head, feel lightheaded even though there is no reason for it? I can be sat on a train or bus and it will happen I can't shake off the feeling but does everyone get similar feelings?

I don't get anxious by things like exams. I get anxiety before things like presentations but its pleasant anxiety compared to what I get when there is no need to be anxious.

Ive been like this for 6 years and have avoided work etc because of it but I don't know if everyone gets it and its just me being soft or if I am truely neurotic.
    I do, I used to A LOT as I suffer from increased anxiety. Everyone gets anxious though - it's just adrenaline teling the body to choose either fight or flight.
    If it gets in the way of you doing things or living your life 'normally' it's time to think why it's happening?
    If it helps there are lots of things you can do (breathing exercises etc.) to get it under some control-check on the NHS website or there are specific sites about anxiety with the info on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    But I could lie and say yes, if you'd like?
    No don't lie You are really lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do, I used to A LOT as I suffer from increased anxiety. Everyone gets anxious though - it's just adrenaline teling the body to choose either fight or flight.
    If it gets in the way of you doing things or living your life 'normally' it's time to think why it's happening?
    If it helps there are lots of things you can do (breathing exercises etc.) to get it under some control-check on the NHS website or there are specific sites about anxiety with the info on.
    well it happens at work and I dread going in in a lot of the time incase it happens again. I think thats its just me being soft though plus I kind of think myself into it. I'l be sat there quiet mildly nervous listening to what people are saying in a meeting and say if someone says a certain thing I can make myself get very anxious cause of it (i can feel my heart beating) and think Im going to faint but there is no logic too it:confused: On other days I can think the same thoughts but not get anxious they are like my confident days.

I don't know if Im causing it myself consciously and just being stupid. I was sat in a lecture last year (i quit uni cause of it) and let myself get to the point where my heart was beating really hard.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.