Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please explain the attraction of this music? they'res no words or very little words, it can't be danced to, it sounds like a hoover's on, do drugged up people just listen to this? i don't understand why anyone would like it. do you just sway to it or something?

I mean i am open to all types of music, even if i don't like them, i can understand WHY people might like them, but when i hear the majority of my friends get excited by dubstep, i'm just like :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Bass weight. Physical Listening experience. You just don't get that with any other genre.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like dubstep, it's also good on drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiller)
    Bass weight. Physical Listening experience. You just don't get that with any other genre.
    This. Also, you can shake a foot or two to dubstep lol. You're just not doing it right!!!

ReputationRep:
    you're not listening it under the right conditions :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd also like to add a disclaimer that i don't listen to it whilst taking drugs as a couple of you seem to do lol.

ReputationRep:
    You need to go to an underground rave or something and really feel the bass etc...it's quite an experience.

ReputationRep:
    Darkstep>dubstep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)
    Darkstep>dubstep

ha ha funny joke

ReputationRep:
    same reason why people rave on about the killers being so good, or generic indie and emo

underground dubstep, when you can feel the bass :coma:

ReputationRep:
    It's deep, loud bass riffs make it feel amazing. Its use of offbeats makes it good for drunk/coked up people to dance to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    same reason why people rave on about the killers being so good, or generic indie and emo

underground dubstep, when you can feel the bass :coma:
    what an unbelievable feeling. especially on drugs. :headbang:

oh and op, you can dance to it, although it is basically just jumping around like a retard, with some rhythm

ReputationRep:
    you skank to dubstep

ReputationRep:
    For me it's the bass, especially on a subwoofer :coma:

ReputationRep:
    From a good soundsystem and in a venue that has a dnb room aswell, it is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    what an unbelievable feeling. especially on drugs. :headbang:

oh and you can dance to it, although it is basically just jumping around like a retard, with some rhythm
    :p: i dunno any that :p:

long as its not mossing to it:p:

ReputationRep:
    dubsteps beautiful music, proper deep. and ye with a good sound system and a few illegal substances it sounds even better, it's given me such good experiences!!

ReputationRep:
    dubstep is great but i think benga is a bit over-rated

ReputationRep:
    I worked at a subdub event, was crazy, crowd is a mix of white hippys or black guys on drugs.people being sick, losing stuff then being aggressive coz u dont no where it is..lasted from 9pm to 6.30am the following morning. hardcore music that i could still here in my head at 3pm the following day.defo not for me!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Coz its frickin awesome

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.