Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

End of.

ReputationRep:
    It's alright, even when you're at a rave and everyone else is off their heads and you're just a little tipsy :p:
    I find the whole experience vastly more amusing when you're with a load of people high as a kite, but, to be honest, I do quite like the beats, and just to be able to dance for hours on end, especially if there's a nos bar :coma:

ReputationRep:

:coma::coma::coma: listen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    Can anyone please explain the attraction of this music? they'res no words or very little words, it can't be danced to, it sounds like a hoover's on, do drugged up people just listen to this? i don't understand why anyone would like it. do you just sway to it or something?

I mean i am open to all types of music, even if i don't like them, i can understand WHY people might like them, but when i hear the majority of my friends get excited by dubstep, i'm just like :confused:
    Judging by this evidence, clearly not.

It's gangster.

Nothing like a leisurely drive around the estate in my tuned Ford Fiesta with some Digital Mystikz banging on the stereo. Yes baby, turn that bass up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soldiersgirl)
    I worked at a subdub event, was crazy, crowd is a mix of white hippys or black guys on drugs.people being sick, losing stuff then being aggressive coz u dont no where it is..lasted from 9pm to 6.30am the following morning. hardcore music that i could still here in my head at 3pm the following day.defo not for me!!!!!
    at the west indian in leeds?? i first started going to subdub and all that after GCSEs - its such a good environment with the vast majority of people - especially to the Iration Soundsystem playing 'dub in de year 3000 style' in the big room 1.

in response to the OP - a lot of the commercial dubstep - a lot of rusko, skream etc now is a bit boring and not grimey enough. i know there is a always a lot of resistance from people who liked it 2-3 years ago right now... (when a lot jump on the bandwagon and it gets plays on radio1 it gets annoying) but seriously in the right conditions its amazing!

ReputationRep:
    I have a pretty good setup, but youtube isn't very good sond quality.

Any quality albums yous can reccomend for dubstep? I think I'll like it more tbh when its played properly... I can defo see the attraction of it in a club environment!

ReputationRep:
    dubstep is effing great! i guess people like it because it's highly atmospheric and visceral. you can feel the bass in your chest, in your guts, a lot of your senses are involved whilst listening to it (even without mind-altering substances). lots of ambient noises and eclectic samples. even though it's way slow, you have interesting riffs and chopped up drum samples to keep it exciting.

there's quite a variety of different kinds of dubstep too. it's a pretty versatile genre and incorporates a multitude of influences, like lounge music, ethnic, sci-fi, grime, classical, to name a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    I have a pretty good setup, but youtube isn't very good sond quality.

Any quality albums yous can reccomend for dubstep? I think I'll like it more tbh when its played properly... I can defo see the attraction of it in a club environment!
    i often get my dubstep tracks off mixes that i like so i don't really know many albums that are good in their entirety. i prefer mixes, because you get the variety and progression.

i can recommend you artists and mixes though if that will suffice :p: here they are in case you're interested:

artists: caspa, forensix (mcr), coki
    albums/vinyls: gravious - fall bw winter sun, gravious - hotflush space and time, gravious - scuba004, watch the ride - skream (although, i'm embarrassed to admit that i like it :o:)

mixes:
    D.Rodell - Subdivision Podcast1 - Subtrakt Edition (dubstep)
    these hollowpoint recordings podcasts are seriously the sickest things i've ever heard, not just in terms of dubstep! volume 1 feat spl vol 2 feat spl and babylon system

ReputationRep:
    people like ketamine + dubstep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    Can anyone please explain the attraction of this music? they'res no words or very little words, it can't be danced to, it sounds like a hoover's on, do drugged up people just listen to this? i don't understand why anyone would like it. do you just sway to it or something?

I mean i am open to all types of music, even if i don't like them, i can understand WHY people might like them, but when i hear the majority of my friends get excited by dubstep, i'm just like :confused:

Take 2 red bull/other energy drink, then add alcohol to the mix. Wait for the "I dont care and I love life" feeling to set in then find dubstep thats fast. Then you will know how to move to it.

For the slow stuff, be chilled, empty your mind...follow the bass

ReputationRep:
    dubstep is like a faggy nerdy version of dnb that the skins crew can dance to

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.