Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone had a car crash soon after passing test? watch

ReputationRep:
    I nearly wrote my car off before I passed my test :/
    It was ages before I felt confident enough to get back in my car once I got it back but now you can't get me out of it

ReputationRep:
    I haven't but a girl in our year passed her test then less than 24 hours later crashed into a teacher's car in the school car park.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah wrote off my car a few months after passing my test.

Black ice and skidded into a tree.

ReputationRep:
    cousin did, she crashed just a week after she passed, her car was written off.
    but she got an even nicer one as a result

ReputationRep:
    i didnt write my car off, but 3 days after i passed my test i went into a van on a roundabout !

bad times =/ but im still driving wahey! good times

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i've heard of a lot of people doing it but I've never done it. I take each day I don't crash as a good thing

(Original post by Janey91)
    I did the opposite! Had full beam lights on and couldnt work out why all the cars coming the other way were flashing their lights at me haha. Eventually my friend realised and told me.
    Hahah same thing happened to me. Whenever you see someone flashing lights you think it must be for someone else and you are trying to figure out what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Nope not yet and been driving for about 2 and a half months

Although the first time I went out by myself I nearly hit a police car it would have been his fault though

ReputationRep:
    I haven't yet- a few scratches however!!

ReputationRep:
    Take a good look through this thread for epic crashes

ReputationRep:
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why the car insurance for new drivers is sky high.

ReputationRep:
    Someone I know wrote their car off the day of their test.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by tobie123)
    Looking young is generally more of an issue for lads i think than girls who can wear lots of makeup to make then look older
    I rarely wear make up, and was just starting to look my age (18.. people have thought I was 17/18 since I was about 14) but I rarely wear make up, been out several times this week, not I.D'd once! I think I look older than 18 due to my hair cut and the colour!

ReputationRep:
    No, because I'm a sickhead :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by writergirl)
    cousin did, she crashed just a week after she passed, her car was written off.
    but she got an even nicer one as a result
    Do you know, that for a prospective English Literature undergraduate, the fact that you fail to comprehend that alot (in your profile) is actually two words, is quite shocking :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well I didn't really crash.

I did however spin my car into a hedge about 2 weeks after passing. Luckily there was no damage except some scratches to the back end.

The crash was simply due to excessive speed. Its a road that is quite twisty, is a 60mph road but you can do 70mph easy on it in the dry, unfortunately it was raining earlier that day and the road was still slightly slippery.

ReputationRep:
    A friend flipped his car and got it wrote off on the same day he passed his test (or day after), it could be worse OP.

ReputationRep:
    A boy in my year passed his test, one week later he has his iPod plugged in, a phone charger, christ knows what else- basically a ton of wires in every direction. Went to change gear, got his hand tangled up, took his eye off the road to sort it, looked up to see he was on the wrong side of the road and there was a car coming right for him, swerved to the side straight into a sign post. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    I've been driving for over a year now. I speed all the time. I haven't crashed because I'm a better driver than all of you.

ReputationRep:
    My only car crash was on my second driving lesson. But I was stopped at a roundabout, in neutral with the handbrake on. A range rover and horse box hit us with enough force to push us onto the roundabout. He was drunk.
    A couple of hours after passing her test, my flatmate went on her first solo drive to Asda. Traffic lights went green and she just turned right into the oncoming traffic. Her new mini was a total right-off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I think our XBox people are twins...

well, there are only so many hairstyles on there lol!

(Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Did you see him, what he looked like? Did you get the number plate?
    He committed a very much criminal offence - why should you have to cough up? The police would surely talk to him?

oh yeah i got all his details. he produced an in date insurance certificate too, but his policy was cancelled by the insurance company on the 22nd of may, and he went into me on the 30th may. i think he hadn't been paying his premium, they've cancelled his policy, and couldn't contact him to tell him. now he's realised, he won't talk to anyone.
    i've told the police but because i didn't report the accident at the time, they don't want to know.
    i've actually been to the guys house too, to see if he actually lives there. although i didn't see the car that went into me (no doubt it's being repaired as it only had a cracked radiator), i did see two other cars, one which was up on axels which is insured, and an old audi a3 which had the front smashed in, which isn't.... so i don't know whether he makes a habit of going into people.

i just want answers!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.