Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone had a car crash soon after passing test? watch

ReputationRep:
    There were 2 others doing the test at the same time as I did mine...

I was the first to go, passed and (obviously very happy) went back to my instructor. He told me he was standing waiting around as I left and he heard a massive crash...

The third person to leave the test center hadn't looked to the right properly and a car went bang into the side of her (less than 2 meters out of the test centre gates).

Imagine that, lol!

ReputationRep:
    Been driving for over a year and my licence is still clean from any points whatsoever. In a way I'm not exactly allowed to get any points since my dad's a chief instructor and made sure my driving is innately perfect lol..

Plus side is I can chat and do other stuff without having to completely concentrate on my driving xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalcomNewMoney84)
    I've been driving for over a year now. I speed all the time. I haven't crashed because I'm a better driver than all of you.
    you'l crash sooner or later if you speed all the time. i think 17 is too young to start driving, i dont feel confident driving on my own and there are too many idiots on the road. The minimum age should be change to 19 or 20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobie123)
    you'l crash sooner or later if you speed all the time. i think 17 is too young to start driving, i dont feel confident driving on my own and there are too many idiots on the road. The minimum age should be change to 19 or 20
    Shame it wouldn't work since it's not just 17 year olds who are the idiots. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    well, there are only so many hairstyles on there lol!

oh yeah i got all his details. he produced an in date insurance certificate too, but his policy was cancelled by the insurance company on the 22nd of may, and he went into me on the 30th may. i think he hadn't been paying his premium, they've cancelled his policy, and couldn't contact him to tell him. now he's realised, he won't talk to anyone.
    i've told the police but because i didn't report the accident at the time, they don't want to know.
    i've actually been to the guys house too, to see if he actually lives there. although i didn't see the car that went into me (no doubt it's being repaired as it only had a cracked radiator), i did see two other cars, one which was up on axels which is insured, and an old audi a3 which had the front smashed in, which isn't.... so i don't know whether he makes a habit of going into people.

i just want answers!
    Hmm, you don't HAVE to report a crash - he gave you seemingly legit insurance details at the time - there is no requirement for police involvement - now it turns out that he was driving without insurance - he has committed an offence and should be processed as such...
    are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apfel)
    Shame it wouldn't work since it's not just 17 year olds who are the idiots. :rolleyes:
    A lot of 17 year olds do show off to there friends once theyve passed, mostly lads, although im too scared to show off even if i wanted to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalcomNewMoney84)
    I've been driving for over a year now. I speed all the time. I haven't crashed because I'm a better driver than all of you.
    This.

And, although "i dont show of" is good and all,

"im too scared to show off even if i wanted to" is gay.

Grow a pair sally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    This.

And, although "i dont show of" is good and all,

"im too scared to show off even if i wanted to" is gay.

Grow a pair sally
    Better to be cautious than a speeding boy racer!

ReputationRep:
    My friend did. About 6 months after passing, was speeding along a motorway, didnt look as she went round a corner (was changin a cd)
    came off the road, flipped the car multiple times, it landed on its side and she had to crawl out.
    she nearly died...

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    I have had a few near-misses though at roundabouts, whilst changing lanes and pulling out etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Hmm, you don't HAVE to report a crash - he gave you seemingly legit insurance details at the time - there is no requirement for police involvement - now it turns out that he was driving without insurance - he has committed an offence and should be processed as such...
    are you sure?
    sure. my mom phoned up the local constabulary and they just didn't want to know. i guess we could try again. he basically said because i didn't report it and no one was hurt, they can't do anything. even the guy on the phone said it was stupid.
    the only people i can go to now is the insurance company, and they are taking forever to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    lol well i havent passed yet, but i found some of these stories hilarious, (not the serious crashes obviously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buster_Bunny)
    My friend did. About 6 months after passing, was speeding along a motorway, didnt look as she went round a corner (was changin a cd)
    came off the road, flipped the car multiple times, it landed on its side and she had to crawl out.
    she nearly died...
    She nearly died but was fit enough to crawl out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterR)
    She nearly died but was fit enough to crawl out?
    I see ur point,
    She could have died i should of said.

ReputationRep:
    i reversed really fast up a hill into another car about 4months after passing my test.. but i was just beeing plain stupid i didnt go through insurance and just paid the damage myself other i doubt id ever get insured again
    but the key is just to be more careful and dont have music on too loud etc

dont worry i really wasnt affected by my crash you will soon get over it..

ReputationRep:
    You've got to be pretty rubbish to crash in the UK. Driving in this country is piss easy. I could have driven here at the age of 12 easily and not crashed.

ReputationRep:
    Managed to crash into a truck I had to stop behind on a residential road. Nothing happened to me (except I was obviously a bit shakey), and no damage was done to the other vehicle. But it was really disheartening to see the damage done to mine.

I don't even know how I managed it - it was all so sudden! But in my defence, it absolutely started chucking it down... there was literally water up to my ankles when I opened my car door to check what had happened. It didn't really create problems for anyone else driving down the road, but it was horrible having to sit there and wait till someone could help! I'm not put off driving or anything, though - just need to be even more careful and keep at it. Plus, I've learnt not to trust the weather even more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    You've got to be pretty rubbish to crash in the UK. Driving in this country is piss easy. I could have driven here at the age of 12 easily and not crashed.
    WHERE Y0U LIVE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGimpMan)
    WHERE Y0U LIVE?
    In the UK but I've driven in different parts of the world. You should try driving in places like China, Thailand or India. That is a real challenge. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobie123)
    Fortunately I'm 19 in a couple of months time. lol, I've just driven back on the M-25 after sinking 2 pints of Stella this evening But don't worry, I had a packet of crisps to soak it all up before I left.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.