Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ... a fortunate number plate?

Getting a private number plate is extremely expensive. But the truth is that a lot of number plates out there suit people already.

I'm just wondering if anybody has ever lucked out and ended up with a car that already had a registration which was suited to them without having to shell out for a private one.

ReputationRep:
    Mine suits me fine, it came with the car, it fulfills the legal requirement to have one, thus I guess I got lucky.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    my dad's friend has a number plate that reads, and it came with the car, bourght new from a dealership KN08 XXL, lol

ReputationRep:
    my first car had my initials on it. ...06 CNY. C N are mine and my dads intials, and Y N are my moms initials.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think these so called "private plates" are the hight of decadence.

I've got far better things to spend money on than a number plate which costs a MINIMUM of £250 to put on a car. Especially when you don't actually own the number plate once you've shelled out for it!

ReputationRep:
    The car my parents had when I was very young (Ford Orion, G Reg :cool: ) had a plate ending in "WPT" (or maybe WPO ), I thought this was excellent because I used to love playing Wipeout on the Playstation at the time, and thought they had chosen it for this reason.

ReputationRep:
    My current BGT has the registration number XWA 10T

No prizes for guessing how that is usually interpreted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGimpMan)
    The car my parents had when I was very young (Ford Orion, G Reg :cool: ) had a plate ending in "WPT" (or maybe WPO ), I thought this was excellent because I used to love playing Wipeout on the Playstation at the time, and thought they had chosen it for this reason.
    bit off topic! but the end of my postcode is 4JG and i thought it was made from the number of people in your family then the first letter of your mum's name and then the first letter of your dad's! but then my little brother was born and it didn't change :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well I dont really like mine but all my friends love it because it says MLF and all my mates say i have a **** and that i will end up as one. :/

ReputationRep:
    Not relavent, but I once saw someone driving a Peugot 106 with the plate N16G3R. He was a white boy with a baseball cap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Key)
    Not relavent, but I once saw someone driving a Peugot 106 with the plate N16G3R. He was a white boy with a baseball cap.
    Given that plate would never have been issued in this country as the format is incorrect...
    You're talking out of your arse.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a car with the numberplate "HOT SEX" drive around a few times where I live. Except it has various numbers instead of letters.

But I also have seen the same car (same driver) with a regular plate on it, so maybe it's a joke or a dare or something as I can't imagine it's legal!

The end letters of my boyfriend's numberplate say "YAY" which I think is really cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Key)

Cool story bro. Only that that number plate is of the incorrect formate...bloody noobs that think they can mix some random numbers and letters in any order and make a number plate...there are formats you know!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.