Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the longest time anybody has gone without sleep? Watch

ReputationRep:
    - Experts say one of the most alluring sleep distractions is the 24-hour accessibility of the internet.
    OMG THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Flying to Australia.. Didn't sleep on the flight, which was 26 hours to Sydney.. Couldn't sleep then in the airport.. 2 hour wait for connecting flight, then 3 hour flight where I was kept awake by annoying stewardesses.. Got to aunts house and she'd made a massive meal so felt bad, could hardly eat it.. Was hallucinating and falling asleep for short bursts of seconds. Not a pleasant experience. Totalled about 48 hours I think. Was up 16 hours before the flight.

3 days i think

The hardest bit is the first morning. After that it becomes pretty easy, to the extent that you don't feel sleepy on the third day. My mind was pretty coherent, although i couldn't really think straight or consider what i was saying - but i could definitely consider my actions (thus why i think my mind was coherent).

It's like being drunk without the slowness in a way.

ReputationRep:
    48 hours. I couldn't sleep because i was at disneyworld!!!
    Then i almost fainted in the park. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    36 hours, and i was suprisinly running around like mad still but slept for like 12-13 hours after that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JecAL)
    48 hours. I couldn't sleep because i was at disneyworld!!!
    Then i almost fainted in the park. Bad times.
    awww thats so cute lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddlers crossword)
    I looked it up and apparently they let them all sleep for a few hours twice during the week, because they were hallucinating...that would definitely 'reset' you back to not being sleep deprived, even if the 10 minute naps didnt. Im disillusioned with the whole show now lol
    You've ruined it for me
    :p:

i guess it was health and safety, cant do anything fun these days

ReputationRep:
    48 hours in Majorca.

Drink kind of takes the edge off tiredness, but when it wore off, DAMN!

ReputationRep:
    42 hours.

During that spell i played a game of rugby, climbed up a hill at 4am, and played other sports in a non-competitive mannor.

ReputationRep:
    you can have hallucinations?? what am i doing spending my money on weed then?!

ReputationRep:
    about 26 hours.

ReputationRep:
    The longest I did was actually this week...

I was up on Monday until 4am (Tues morn) I then was asleep until 2pm. This is when I woke up. I was still up 12 hours later at 2am. When I next looked at my clock it was 4am.

I saw no point in trying to sleep as I had to start work at 6.30 and would need to get up at and ready at 5am. So upto that point it was 15 hours. I worked from 6.30-4pm. I had half hour rest where I was planning to sleep but couldn't. (26 hours now)

As I work as both a Lifeguard and Diving Coach I started to teach at 4.30. I taught right upto 7pm. I was then asked to work from 7pm-10.30. Which for some reason I agreed to do. Come 10.30 and going 32 1/2 hours without sleep I starting to get tired. I ended up opening up at work and then closing up. I spent a total of 16 hours at work.

I then came home and came on TSR and stayed up until 6pm on Thursday evening. A total of 52 hours without sleep. My body had been falling asleep all day starting with my legs. I slept for a total of 15 hours waking up Friday at 9am. Completely fine.

So I did 52 hours without sleep and 15 hours to recoup.

ReputationRep:
    Did 38 hours last week, when I missed my train home from a Nine Inch Nails gig in London and had to hang around the train station until the next train home, I didn't want to go to sleep there with all the strange people hanging around and believe me theres are some strange people hanging around London train stations at 3.30am.

ReputationRep:
    I went about 3.5/4 days without sleeping last week. I was more tired after the first 24 hours than I was by the end. And I got a lot of reading done.

ReputationRep:
    dunno, i've done 36 hours countless numbers of times, sometimes with just an 8 hour sleep between the two, but after that i usually can't stay awake unless i'm CONSTANTLY doing something.
    if i sit down for just 5 minutes after that time it's night night

ReputationRep:
    48 hrs

ReputationRep:
    About a day.
    Though I thought the record was only 10 days, after that your neurones will begin to rot away from not giving your brain time to "recharge".

Though I could be wrong I'm not really willing to prove it to myself by trying...

ReputationRep:
    4 days. It wasn't fun. I started dreaming when I was awake which is a weird experience. I was also (stupidly) trying to drive and I kept falling asleep at red traffic lights.

Only 22 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Same as you 48 hours and I was finished.

Red eyes and I even started seeing things.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.