Turn on thread page Beta

Indian Curry Stains on Delicate Dress watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a minor crisis: I had a curry tonight and stupidly dropped a whole load of the colourful sauce on my new All Saints dress. In the bathroom I already soaked it in water, but when it dried up the stains were bright yellow. At home I soaked it in warm water with a washing tablet (have nothing else in the appartment) and it was still yellow when it dried, then I scrubbed it with soap and I think it's going to be yellow still.

Did I already ruin it? What should I try next? The dress was really quite expensive and I've only worn it once.

ReputationRep:
    if you could afford the dress (you said it was really expensive), take it to the dry cleaners?
    and thats why i dont like indian food lol

ReputationRep:
    freshieeeee lol ! its the tumeric stain so the best trick to clean turmeric stains is to use 2 tsps of sprite (soda) on the affected area and rub gently with a wet paper towel. If this does not work..you can wet the fabric, then with some diluted bleach ( 2 parts water - 1 part bleach) drop it gently onto the stain - soak the item. Then wash as usual. If it is not white 100% cotton - squeeze some lemon juice onto the stain and then wash as usual. Turmeric is a very very hard stain to remove.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    if you could afford the dress (you said it was really expensive), take it to the dry cleaners?
    and thats why i dont like indian food lol
    Well, I'm out of money because of it. :p: With expensive I mean expensive for a poor student like myself, of course.

I guess I will try taking it to the dry-cleaners tomorrow anyway, but I'm still worried it may be too late.

ReputationRep:
    oohh i seeee
    do u still have the receipt? lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    freshieeeee lol ! its the tumeric stain so the best trick to clean turmeric stains is to use 2 tsps of sprite (soda) on the affected area and rub gently with a wet paper towel. If this does not work..you can wet the fabric, then with some diluted bleach ( 2 parts water - 1 part bleach) drop it gently onto the stain - soak the item. Then wash as usual. If it is not white 100% cotton - squeeze some lemon juice onto the stain and then wash as usual. Turmeric is a very very hard stain to remove.
    Thanks for the advice! I will try that.

ReputationRep:
    indian curry contains a food colourant which ive been told is a permanent stain (unless the drycleaners can sort it, i dont know)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    oohh i seeee
    do u still have the receipt? lool
    I think so, but I doubt they'd take it back - it's glaringly obvious what happened! :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    indian curry contains a food colourant which ive been told is a permanent stain (unless the drycleaners can sort it, i dont know)
    Curry is obviously evil. If only it wasn't tasty as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fand)
    Curry is obviously evil. If only it wasn't tasty as well.
    its not evillll !!! i love curry ... i would eat it every day if only pizza wasnt as good !

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.