Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

one of the managers at my work who is recently married Watch

Gave me a hickey at a nightclub. I was dancing with my friend and he started coming up behind me dancing and I tried to struggle away then bammm he goes and does that. I haven't worked there long so although I did recognise him I didn't realise he was a manager at my work until I saw him there. Should I do anything about it? I feel sorry for his wife tbh

ReputationRep:
    One of the managers at my friends work gave her something much worse, a baby. He has a wife and a little baby with her himself :sadnod:

Instead of telling his wife, why don't you take it up with him next time you see him?

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do is to make sure he knows that it isnt going to go any further, as its not what you want.

Dont take it as far as telling his wife, just make it obvious to him that you werent happy about it etc.

(Original post by tom_tom_tom)
    Best thing to do is to make sure he knows that it isnt going to go any further, as its not what you want.

Dont take it as far as telling his wife, just make it obvious to him that you werent happy about it etc.
    But why? he cheated on her! And besides I'm only 18 he's about 27-33.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not being funny, but that is not cheating, sure, he may have had the intent to cheat, but just because he gave you a hickey it's no reason to call the Jeremy Kyle show.

ReputationRep:
    Is this really worth ruining his marriage over?

(Original post by RNBen)
    Not being funny, but that is not cheating, sure, he may have had the intent to cheat, but just because he gave you a hickey it's no reason to call the Jeremy Kyle show.
    Lol he wanted to go further and it IS cheating. If my boyfriend did that I'd dump him.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Is this really worth ruining his marriage over?
    If i was married, I'd want to know...

ReputationRep:
    Yes okay, maybe he wasnt as true to his wife as people would have liked to be. It is likely that you will cause problems for him, which in turn will pass down the line at work and cause problems for you, if you are to somehow tell him wife.

I can see how you can say you would like to know if you were in the wifes position but as it didnt get any further then it did, its not really worth going out on a limb to mess up something imo.

ReputationRep:
    what's a hickey?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Lol he wanted to go further and it IS cheating. If my boyfriend did that I'd dump him.
    In my opinion, it isn't cheating, I just don't see it as a big deal. Just get over it, just laugh it off and move on with life.

(Original post by natalie_gs)
    what's a hickey?
    a lovebite

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd divorce my husband just because of a hickey tbh, so in my opinion it's no big deal.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt tell the wife personally, just make it clear to your manager that you are not interested in him. To tell the wife would cause so much brown stuff to hit the fan. Besides which, you still have to work with this guy, causing trouble will no doubt make for an unhappy work environment.

I would just like to add this foot note.....married men are *the* worst for chasing other girls....:o:

(Original post by Annie72)
    I wouldnt tell the wife personally, just make it clear to your manager that you are not interested in him. To tell the wife would cause so much brown stuff to hit the fan. Besides which, you still have to work with this guy, causing trouble will no doubt make for an unhappy work environment.

I would just like to add this foot note.....married men are *the* worst for chasing other girls....:o:
    Hows that?

ReputationRep:
    Hows that?
    Well in my experience they are guarenteed some action in the end, either from their wife or some girl they have just picked up. When I was single , they were always the guys who seemed to target me!. A lot of them are major flirts too.:p:

ReputationRep:
    grow up and just make sure it goes no further why drag other people into this mess?

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell his wife. It's not as if you had slept with him. Just tell him that you don't wanna go further. There's no need to ruin his marriage, if he's used to cheating on her, she'll find it out somehow.

ReputationRep:
    Blackmail him..

No I joke. I dont think you should tell his wife and ruin his marriage. For all you know he could be regretting it right now.
    Just make sure he realises that it is unacceptable behaviour and maybe try to stay clear of him if possible?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.