Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

im finally losing weight now im not trying!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i was never fat but felt like i needed a trim, so dieted for ages trying all these diets eating very healthy and exercising regulalrly but none worked so i gave up....now that i have gave up and live on junk food with minimal exercise i am losing weight! what's going on here, not that im complaining lol just curious
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Maybe youre eating less overall? The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in... so apart from that I don't know what you're doing. I started cycling in to town instead of driving - lost about a stone in a couple weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-o dore)
    Maybe youre eating less overall? The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in... so apart from that I don't know what you're doing. I started cycling in to town instead of driving - lost about a stone in a couple weeks!
    wow! go you :woo:

and no im definatley eating way more, and junk too like cakes etc

ReputationRep:
    I think you should carefully be watching your weight now... have you been ill? Nervous about things? Getting little sleep?

Losing weight can be quite welcome, but there are certain conditions that cause unusual weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princeoftermina)
    I think you should carefully be watching your weight now... have you been ill? Nervous about things? Getting little sleep?

Losing weight can be quite welcome, but there are certain conditions that cause unusual weight loss.
    well i have finished my exams finally so have been going out alot hmm maybe thats why...

ReputationRep:
    possibly diabetic? i suggest you get urself checked out

ReputationRep:
    Losing weight due to muscle loss? Muscle weighs more than fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786_786)
    well i have finished my exams finally so have been going out alot hmm maybe thats why...
    How much weight have you lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786_786)
    Yeah, maybe it could also be something you're cutting down on/doing more frequently that is making you lose more weight. But still, if you lose dramatically any more weight then it's worth a trip to the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this sounds like the kind of weightloss that will come back and bite you on the ass when you least expect it.
    Eating copious amount of junk food will do your body no good at all, nor your general health in the long term. It's certainly not something to be proud of.

If you know you have a bad diet, then why are you so chipper about it? You're not gonna be healthy, nor fit so I can't see any real benefit from weightloss of this kind.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be losing the muscle you had gained before, tis nothing to be proud of :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dissolvedgirl567)
    Losing weight due to muscle loss? Muscle weighs more than fat.
    No it doesnt, 1kg of fat weighs the same as 1kg of muscle. Muscle is more DENSE than fat.

Garg, sorry, it just annoys me when people say that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mipegg)
    No it doesnt, 1kg of fat weighs the same as 1kg of muscle. Muscle is more DENSE than fat.

What weighs more: a tonne of feathers or a tonne of gold?

ReputationRep:
    It often takes me quite a while to physically see the changes that happen when I change my diet/exercise pattern. I'm talking months. So maybe your body is changing just as you have started eating junk food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorry...Alright...Well...)
    What weighs more: a tonne of feathers or a tonne of gold?
    Exactly the same silly thing to say isnt it =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-o dore)
    It's supposed to be dangerous to lose more than a stone a month... you sure it was a stone? =P That works out at about a pound a day and one pound = 3500 calories...

ReputationRep:

When everyone talks about muscle weighing more than fat we are talking about the size in correlation.

There is nothing wrong in comparing the weight when we are talking size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadChicken)
    When everyone talks about muscle weighing more than fat we are talking about the size in correlation.

There is nothing wrong in comparing the weight when we are talking size.
    So... your talking about the density? Muppet
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Stress?

I did a performance in Feb and I lost a LOT of weight while doing it.

ReputationRep:

Ah, thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.