Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if anybody who's travelled on Eurostar knows how strict they are on the 30min check-in time. Me and my friends have tickets from St Pancras - Brussels early in the morning and the only reasonable train that morning arrives at St.Pancras 26mins before the Eurostar leaves. Do they literally close the check-in 30mins before on the dot or is it really more a recommended time? Stress :woo:

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    I've travelled eurostar before!

The checkin is relatively fast. I don't see why they'd be as strict on check-in times as airports, it's not like turning up a bit late means the train will be delayed in leaving. If you're definitely arriving in St Pancreas you should be okay if everything runs on time. But if you arrive into Kings Cross it takes about 5 minutes to walk from Kings Cross to St Pancreas and find the check in... which is 5 minutes you may not have.

I'd say you'd need to be physically at the check-in 15-20 minutes before the train leaves at the very latest. With security checks and the doors closing a few minutes before departure you don't have much time to waste.

On the other hand, I've always arrived on time, so no idea how they deal with it. It really depends on if the staff will take pity on you and how much luck you have. If arriving late is your only option then you'll have to risk it.

ReputationRep:
    It's fast, but it's often crowded. You will need to get there earlier, or they won't let you onto the train! I know people who have been there 28 minutes before, and they've not let them on, so don't take any risks. If needs be, stay in a cheap hotel the night before

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt risk it

ReputationRep:
    Don't risk it. They very easily could refuse you - and they do make final check-in announcements.

You need to book an earlier inward train, even if it means loitering at St Pancras for a while.

It's not like there's exactly a lack of things to do whilst you wait.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't risk it - having said that, I travelled by eurostar a month ago and there were problems with the tube line we needed so we ended up jumping in a taxi with a women we'd never met before who needed to get to a station for the same time as we had to check in. We were supposed to be catching the 12.57 train and got there at about 12.45 and they let us through, some very nice people who were catching later trains let us go in front of them for the security queues and we made it with a few minutes to spare. So in our case they weren't strict at all (we got there just as they were doing the last announcements for our train) but if you can get there any earlier then it's probably advisable.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't try it. You don't want them to refuse you, it'd be easier to get an earlier train into St Pancras (although it might be a horrible time in the morning) and have time hanging around than to miss your train to Brussels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.