Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am heading to Sheffield for Uni this year but as I currently live in Belfast I'm having problems trying to find a part-time job in the city. Do you think it's feasible for me trying to attain a job in a city where I won't even be living in until the middle of September? I don't want to leave it too late as to avoid the hordes of new students who will inevitably be in the same situation. Do you think places would be willing to employ me even though I'm not in the city currently?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it'll be fine, obviously you'll have to state that your not moving to Sheff until Sept. Just a bit awkward if they want you in Sheff for a interview the next day :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd start looking at the end of aug beginning of september, then you can probably arrange interviews but have them when you're in Sheffield.

ReputationRep:
    There are jobs around, albeit not many of them. If you want to apply for any Union jobs, I don't think there's long left though. That said, they always re-advertise later in the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    There are jobs around, albeit not many of them. If you want to apply for any Union jobs, I don't think there's long left though. That said, they always re-advertise later in the year.
    This may sound daft but where do I go to apply for student's union jobs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elmonoartico)
    This may sound daft but where do I go to apply for student's union jobs?
    http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/about/jobs/

ReputationRep:
    Allready dropped some cvs off in the meadowhall im coming back in a few weeks time to drop some more off round the city though.. most places were saying were only looking for xmas temps and a lot of the part time jobs are being taken by more skilled people who have been forced out due to the recession...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.